Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2010, 03:30 AM   #21
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Bob--Well swing on down to Goshen for the Fall Rally and you can meet A BUNCH of those you've been communicating with here on MOC!

I think you're right on the doorjams and etc oon these unit not being able to support one of those door hinge limmiters and I guess I really never lloked at the hinges to see how they are put together. Well it was a good idea anyway!

Take care and keep those ideas and mods coming!

Rondo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #22
farmboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9087
Send a message via Yahoo to farmboy
Bob, Did you use a 20amp. rated sw. for your water heater? Thinking of doing something to my 2955 Montana, But heater located under bath room so was thinking of using a relay and different sw. type.
farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #23
bobsals
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10232
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by farmboy

Bob, Did you use a 20amp. rated sw. for your water heater? Thinking of doing something to my 2955 Montana, But heater located under bath room so was thinking of using a relay and different sw. type.
Since the breaker is 15 amp, and the factory used 14ga. wire, I just used a good quality 15 amp switch. Just a thought, if your hot water heater is located in a place where a switch may be hard to install, you may be able to install it near or above the circuit breaker box. I'm sure the water heater is the only thing on that circuit.
bobsals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #24
farmboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9087
Send a message via Yahoo to farmboy
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bobsals

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by farmboy

Since the breaker is 15 amp, and the factory used 14ga. wire, I just used a good quality 15 amp switch. Just a thought, if your hot water heater is located in a place where a switch may be hard to install, you may be able to install it near or above the circuit breaker box. I'm sure the water heater is the only thing on that circuit.
Good suggestion Bob, but my c/b panel is on the floor below the frig. and pantry. The gas sw. is on the 2" deep wall of the commode room, so I will have to do something different. By the way I am a retired industrial electrician so no problem for me.
farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:24 AM   #25
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
If you put a switch in the AC circuit between the breaker box and water heater would this also turn off the power to the gas ignitor or is that a seperate DC circuit from the convertor?
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote