Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2017, 07:53 AM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There are only 3 or 4, maybe less "bashers" and they bash Montana on any forum they are on. Rv's are far from perfect Keystone, Montana included. Should I post that our fantastic fan is falling off the ceiling due to the screws pulling out of the ceiling material and we are going to drop the fan and insert anchors to correct the problem.How about the struts pulled out of our compartment door and Keystone refused to repair it at the rally and we did a fix ourselves but it will not last and will in the long run cost us $$ to replace the door and get it painted. How about the siding continuing to separate at the overhang. Keystone repaired it once but did no good now it will cost us $$ for repair. This BTW is a problem that has been around for years and has not been addressed by Keystone. If that is bashing so be it and perhaps we should not talk about those things .These problems run across all brands.We have had two Montana's and if we were to buy another it would maybe be a Montana if the floor plan was right simply because we do not believe there is any better in the price range and it my case the customer service has been 98% good.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:41 AM   #22
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Working in other industries, the "COACH" world could benefit from "STANDARD WORK" being applied to process. It would be an adder to the bottom line.

Biggest problem in many business's today is they are in the "STOCK MARKET" pleasing mode and do that by dabbling in making something. The Lighting Industry has also fallen into that pit. Many people only care about their narrow goal and not the end user. Many problems are not tracked to source ...
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:44 AM   #23
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Over the 10 Plus years on this forum I have learned a great deal that has saved my bacon many times. When appropriate, I offer what I feel is a constructive word. But you are right there are some members that simply extremely negative over and over again, I wonder why they just don't get out of RVing if it causes them so much heartburn!
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 04:05 PM   #24
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Some people love Pain, misery, conflict, etc ... I'll pray for them. and us as we endure and wait for them to improve or move on.
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:39 PM   #25
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I completely agree with the post. And those people do get annoying. But human nature I guess. There are those only seem happy if they can say something negative about the current topic, no matter what it is. Or those with whom you can't have a 10 minute conversation without hearing about every ailment they have had in the last 3 years.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:33 PM   #26
Preston & Terri
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14645
Agree. As with anything, if you're not a part of the solution, then you're a part of the problem.
Retired FULLTIMERS that Travel & Work -- 2020 3931FB Legacy Edition -- OEM Sailun S637T's -- 2017 F350 DRW, 4.10 axle, 6.7L -- PullRite OE Puck Super-5th 25K hitch -- Dish Network w/ Winegard G2 automatic portable antenna -- 50A Surge Guard portable -- WiFi Ranger Elite -- Blue Streak -- YourBestAddress.com -- RVSA Certified Technician -- The UnBeetable Experience
Preston & Terri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:06 AM   #27
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
I agree! Over the past 11 years I have not hesitated to ask for advice and I feel like in most cases I have received good advice. From that point, I make my decision on what ever I am trying to do. I do skip some who post numerous comments--you will figure it out if you read the MOC over time. Otherwise, MOC should keep up the good work that some many of us enjoy.
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:47 AM   #28
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
I have found the forum to be almost all positive. Its easy to ignore that posts that are not and the moderators do a good job of pulling some of the needless posts.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:17 AM   #29
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
All good responses.Remember that Bashing the product and a few do and reporting your problems, what they are and how you corrected them are two different things.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:19 AM   #30
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
I for one love this forum and read it almost everyday. Yes I know D/W says I need to get a life. But I too am sorry for folks who are having long term problems with their rigs.

I think it is productive when a member keeps us up to date on how the problem resolution is proceeding.

It is madding to read about a members problems along with suggestions and they never let us know the end result.

Come on guys how dit you fix the problem?
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:38 PM   #31
gkonney
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19870
I have belonged to several Clubs and Blogs and I have to chirp in and say this MOC Forum has been a pleasure to both read and write to!
We are Newbies and life with our new Monte is becoming much easier every month. It is understood that unpleasant experiences and "manufrust" (manufacturers frustration) is everywhere, some folks just handle it better than others. There are a LOT of helpful members out there and we are looking forward to the 2018 Rally!
You can follow us at: https://campingkonneys.wordpress.com/
gkonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:06 PM   #32
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
I am relatively new to the group and have been posting a LOT. If a post I made could be taken two ways and one of those ways made you mad....I meant it the other way LOL....
I agree that the tone should be civil (and sometimes my sarcasm may not be considered civil enough by some readers). But at the same time folks complaining about a legitimate issue that might well be common to several units is an important part of learning more about the brand. If one person mentions that a certain critical bolt is coming loose often and others chime in to say they are having the same issue then that is very valuable information and you can bet I will be checking that bolt! On the other hand just constantly saying that the Keystone brand stinks or isn't as good as other brands IE:brand bashing. Yeah that isn't helping anyone.

The one thing I would ask everyone to realize is that while you could get answers from Goggle to some questions it is nice to get answers from real people! Particularly people that you trust to have extensive personal experience with the topic! Keep that in mind before you start steering people to the internet rather than directly answering their question. Anyone can say goggle it but only a fellow Montana owner can answer some questions with a human touch....

Like most of you, my previous camper was a Keystone and I have looked at 100s of campers over the years. We spent a LOT of time researching which one to buy this time. I purchased the Keystone because it in my not so humble oppion offered the best overall value for my dollar. There are better built coaches and some that are not built as well but on average Keystone appeared to me to strike the balance between affordability and quality of build. Heck the same floor plan from Grand Design was $30K more expensive!!! I can put up with a few minor issues for that kind of difference!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:10 PM   #33
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Oh does Onan bashing count as brand bashing?
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote