Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2014, 11:10 AM   #1
rafael33155
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13290
Send a message via MSN to rafael33155
safety view camera

ok next week i'm going to order the safty view camera system with 2 side camera and 1 rear camera and a quick disconnect with quad 9 inch monitor can some one tell me is that a good investment and how good it work

rafael33155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:30 PM   #2
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808

Sounds like the system John Kohl has.

7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:13 PM   #3
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Been using Rearview Safety for three years. Great reception. One camera on my Gen box in truck, to see the hitch. The other is mounted to roof ladder of Montana. Great system, image is great, day or night!

Camera System:
http://email.photobucket.com/wf/clic...2OEqeEl5wkjRLV
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 12:22 AM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I have found the side camera are a poor investment. Mine do not work as I expected and I would not do them again. I have all three hard wired to the truck.
I really use the rear camera and the audio on it.
Good luck and safe travels.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 02:09 AM   #5
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
I have the Rearview Safety Cameras on mine. (sorry no pictures) I have the three camera system, all hard wired. I have them all wired hot. Use the rear camera as a rear view mirror going down the road. The side cameras I used mostly when I am backing into a spot of leaving. I like the system.

The cameras can be wired so that they only work when you are backing or turning left or right. I find the rear camera works good for moving back into the lane after passing. I know just how far back a vehicle needs to be in the monitor, to move back in the lane.

The monitor, I mount to the windshield, with a suction mount, right by the rear view mirror.

The monitor and multiplexer take a little adjusting, to get the cameras in the right orientation.

On my new truck, if there is a major engine problem the whole cab comes off. So I have quick connects rigged up, so I don’t end up with cut wires at the dealer.

Old 11-22-2014, 02:30 AM   #6
Doberman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10587
I have the rear view back up camera. It is priceless when backing into places, changing lanes quickly in heavy city traffic and monitoring movement of my bikes on the hitch. Side cameras are a matter of preference but I am comfortable with just using my truck mirrors and the broad view they give me. The only problem I had with my camera (twice) was it burning out. I later found out Keystone "hot wired" the camera so it was on full time even when sitting unhooked from truck. I have since hooked up the hot wire to the truck headlights. This preserves the camera long term. If I am not in heavy city traffic and not carrying the bikes, I often turn off the system too.
Doberman is offline   Reply With Quote