Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #1
Loui
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12538
Send a message via MSN to Loui
Front Graphics

As most of you know when the graphics start to peal the trailer really show its age making it look so much older than it really is.

Recently a member here, embraceatrend, offered a set of front graphics that they would not be using. I was able to get them installed this weekend.
Thank you Larry and Gloria

Before
[/URL][/img]

Naked front
[/URL][/img]

and now with embraceatrend's generosity

[/URL][/img]

The graphics were for a 07-08 Montana but as bad as ours were looking anything would be better.

Loui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Looks great. Mine are just beginning to peel around some edges this year (after 6 years) so I will probably be looking to do the same soon.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Looks great!
I like the graphics much better than the plain white box look.
I took our camper to a repair shop the other day to get the scrape fixed that I put on it; the body guy noticed how our graphics were peeling on one side really bad. He acted interested in getting them off so I mentioned that I already had the replacement graphics for that area and he agreed to put them on for the same price he originally quoted me for the repair. He did state that the repair would be much easier than he first thought. Anyway I’m coming out ok on the deal getting both things addressed.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
NICE, looks a lot better!! good job and heck yeah it looks better than plain white
Old 06-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #5
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
We have a 2006 with peeling graphics on the right side, where the sun hits it in storage all the time. I contacted a shop, and it's going to cost $900.00 (!) to replace them. I figure when the front goes bad, I'll just get a ready made graphic of some kind to put ip there.

Yours look great, by the way.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #6
Loui
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12538
Send a message via MSN to Loui
Thanks for the kind words.

Wife likes it too and that's more than half than battle
Loui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:11 AM   #7
Jetson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #180
I bought some graphics off Ebay, did the Barkeepers Friend treatment on the front cap, installed the graphics, then the floor wax treatment from Lowes.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #8
01RAMer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7316
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jetson

I bought some graphics off Ebay, did the Barkeepers Friend treatment on the front cap, installed the graphics, then the floor wax treatment from Lowes.
What is the Barkeepers Friend treatment your refering too? Is this how you got your old graphics off?
01RAMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:57 AM   #9
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Have had my nose covered with floor wax stuff for over a year and just scubbed it and so far no peeling as of yet on my 06
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #10
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Looks GREAT! I don't think anyone would even notice that they are graphics from a different year! Much better than a white whale rolling down the street!

I do have a question...what is the bar keepers friend and floor wax treatment??? We have a new unit and I am hoping to keep the graphics on forever so I am eager to learn the tricks!
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:28 AM   #11
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Since the end caps are so hard to keep shiney people will use either Red Max Pro from Lowe's or Zep from Home Depot. RMP is getting hard to find so most are using Zep now. It is just industrial strength floor wax and comes in 1 gal bottles which will last forever. If you do a search for either of them espcially on a broad forum like RV.net you will find lots of posts about it. Most all the posts are favorable, and lots of pics of before and after. There are those who will bad mouth just because they read on the bottle it is for floors and nowhere does it say RV's lol lol. Some have had it on for a long time with no yellowing or peeling and are still shiney. I have had it on mine for little over a year and is still shiney. The Bar Keepers Friend is a scouring powder the does not leave scratches. But it will clean the black and bugs off very well leaving a good base for the RMP or Zep. Once you have it clean you will need a lint free cloth or sponge to apply the wax. It is just a wipe on and dry type of thing. Now the first time you do it do not panic cause the first coat or two will look like crap. It take 4-5 coats to get that deep shine. But it will amaze you when you see the difference. Now my rig spent it's first 5 years of it's life in a barn so no sun..the last 2 it has sat out in the Texas sun. I put the RMP on when I first got it and so far no peeling of graphics and it is still shiney. Oh and the bugs come off a little easier. Some folks will do their whole rigs but for most it is just the end caps. The way I figured if it yellows or peels up I can always strip it just like the floor. Not a whole lotta difference other then my floor travels down the road at 65 mph lol lol
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #12
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Thanks Dave for the detailed explanation of the floor/front cap waxing routine. I just added it to DH long list of things to do! :-)

We use the dryer sheets to the remove the bugs off the front cap, you just wet them down a little and the bugs come right off. I like the idea of protecting the front cap though.

Thanks again!
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote