Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2006, 05:38 AM   #1
therebnme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4092
Update 3400RL PDI solutions

Wow! We are so pleasantly surprised by Keystone's service. This is a long thread, but I know several people are waiting to pick up their new ones, and hope this will be helpful. We picked up our 06 3400RL on April 6th. The major problem, for us, on the PDI was the condition of the countertops and the chairs. On the way home, we found the black tank would not dump.
Well, we returned to Foley RV on 15th for service. They could not find a black tank problem, and said everything drained the way it should. That makes us a little nervous, because we are not newbies to RVing, but we will wait to try it again.
Keystone ok'd a buffing of the counters, so that was also completed.

The dealer didn't think anything would be done about the chairs, but I called Keystone anyway. I was given the number for Flair, who is the manufacturer. I called, and was asked to email photos for the chairs. I emailed those Sunday night. At about 7:30 am this morning I received a call from Mark from Flair, and Brandon from Keystone. They informed us that we had the old style chairs. They have been changed since those came out. Flair will be making two new chairs for us, and they will be sent to Keystone, then to the dealer for us to pick up.

I have to admit that we were so gratified. There are so many horror stories out there. However, I started reading this forum when we first started to consider Montanas. We want to tell all of you how much we appreciate your expertise, and willingness to share information. This is a huge purchase for us, since we will be fulltiming this year. (yea, class of 2006) There is so much heart on this forum. We hope to have an opportunity to meet you on our travels, or at Quartzite in January.
Safe journey to all
Shirley

therebnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:06 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Outstanding!!! So glad you got resolution to your issues. Happy RVing....
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:57 PM   #3
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Great news! We're glad things went fairly smoothly for you.
When we finally get to fulltiming, we hope to have a similarly smooth purchase, using the knowledge from this wonderful site.
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:28 PM   #4
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Always good to see a positive post when a manufacturer and Keystone step up to the plate. The praise of service is even more important than some of the comments about poor service, although both are what this forum is all about. Thanks for sharing Gene & Shirley and Welcome to the MOC family.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:18 PM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Very encouraging report.We will be doing the full PDI on our 06 3400 the 3rd of May. How would we know if we have the "old style" chairs??? We also plan on Quartzsite in Jan along with Yuma and the RGV.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:39 PM   #6
therebnme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4092
Rich, I am not sure how you can tell if the chairs are the older model or not. I was told the padding on the backs and cushion have been changed. Also, there are "S" springs in the lumbar area of the back, to give more support.
Good luck on your PDI. We hope it goes very smoothly for you.

Thank you, everyone, for the good wishes.
therebnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:02 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, Shirley and Gene, both on the purchase and the upcoming fulltiming! And thanks for the positive report. It's very easy for us to post the bad things but not very often do we go the extra mile to also post the good things. So I, for one, really appreciate your post.

I hope you folks enjoy that new Montana and, especially, the fulltiming. Maybe we'll see you on the road one of these days.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:28 PM   #8
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Congrats on your new 3400RL. I hope it brings you many years of happy memories to come.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote