Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Southeast Region
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2005, 12:44 PM   #21
Champ203
Established Member

M.O.C. #4767
Wondering if anyone else that is attending will have children with them? It would be great to put faces with the names that led us to become Mountaineer owners. Our 2 boys are 11 & 13. Don't want to be the only ones there with kids or make others uncomfortable.....

Champ203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:27 PM   #22
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
Don, we don't have kids, except the fuzzy golden retriever kind, so if I can bring them, I am sure that yours will be welcome too. Maybe we could work out a deal so they all tire each other out......
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:20 PM   #23
Chad Brooks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3899
Send a message via AIM to Chad Brooks
You are not the only one with kids! I have two girls 2 and 7! I am not sure if they will be going or not. They can be quite a handful at times.
Chad Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:41 PM   #24
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
In my opinion, this is a family event and your entire family is welcome. I don't know what is available for entertainment but maybe someone can step up and volunteer to organize some activities if we have a group of children. Our only 'child' requires only a few tosses of her toys to keep her happy.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:21 AM   #25
Champ203
Established Member

M.O.C. #4767
Thanks for the feedback. No need to organize events unless other children are coming, Our guys are pretty self sufficient, we'll bring their bikes, books, baseball gloves and soccer ball and that should keep them busy.

Thanks!!
Champ203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:36 AM   #26
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sounds good, Don. Even we 'BIG' kids might be playing some board games, etc. I'm sure they could join in.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:44 AM   #27
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Its a camping trip for family first and foremost. Then the friends old and new. Most everyone here either has kids or grand kids and will not mind if anyone brings theirs to the rally. I myself would rather see kids out having fun,enjoying the outdoors then sitting in front of a tv playing video games or on the streets looking for trouble. Relax and enjoy.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 05:49 AM   #28
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Well said, jsmitfl. I see you're from Florida. Will you be able to join us?

Has anyone had to put a deposit down for a camp site? We didn't, which is really nice as they don't tie up our money. No penalty for cancelling either. You can't beat it!
Old 11-04-2005, 11:08 AM   #29
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
We are all signed up. Looking forward to it. Thanks
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:36 PM   #30
3pac
Established Member

M.O.C. #1951
We just made our reservation for Twin Oaks. We can't wait to meet some of the nice folks we feel like we already know through MOC. Hats off to the person who came up with this idea!
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:28 AM   #31
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Great idea and we will try to tie this to a trip to Dayton the first week of April. Will keep you posted.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 08:26 AM   #32
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Welcome, Phil and Ann. So glad that you can join us. These rallies are really fun.....and informative...and somewhat costly when you see new ideas that the other owners have done!

O.V. & Kathy, we sure hope that you can join us. No charge for making a reservation so jump right in. The manager only asked that we cancel early if we need to do so.

Remember, folks, this is a Passport America Park so if you come a day early and stay a day late the rate ($18) is even lower ($14). Free WiFi, too!
Old 11-13-2005, 09:56 AM   #33
Redrover98
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3433
Great idea. Reservations made and confirmed. My wife and I are looking forward to it.
Redrover98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 09:59 AM   #34
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Redrover, welcome to the forum and to our rally. So glad you decided to join us. The first people to sign up get the pull throughs so if that's an incentive, go for it!
Old 11-13-2005, 10:18 AM   #35
Redrover98
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3433
Big time oops. Forgot to post wife's name. It is Trish and I go by Dee. We have reserved Thursday thru Monday. We have been to a couple of these smaller rallys here in Florida and have had a great time.
Redrover98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 12:45 PM   #36
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks, Dee and Trish. I'll update you on the reservation list. This is our first get-together in the southeast so it will mostly be just that, a chance for us to get to know one another. The agenda is always open to suggests.....and volunteers. Looks like we're getting a good turnout.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:34 AM   #37
Montana_4732

M.O.C. #4732
Judy, We just made our reservation for the Twin Oaks trip. Looking at my calendar it looks like the first is on a Sat. We are looking forward to meeting everyone there. We are just getting started with the 5th wheel and have learned a lot by reading what everyone has to say on this forum. It will be nice to put a face with some of the people that we have been following on their adventures. Hank and Lillie
Montana_4732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 08:57 AM   #38
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105

Hank and Lillie, we're so glad that you're able to join us! It will be a very interesting and informative weekend for you as new fifth wheel owners. There is so much to be learned from other Montana owners and what a great group of people they are.

We will actually start on Friday night with a meet and greet so we hope you signed up for Friday night, too.

As a reminder to others who are considering this mini-rally, Twin Oaks is a Passport America park. If you're a PA member, you will save $4.00 per night ($14.00) if you come a night early and stay a night longer. Regular rally rate (say that one fast!) is $18.00 per night which includes full hookups and WiFi. There is no deposit required for making a reservation. Y'all come!

Hey, hey, our reservation list has reached double digits!
Old 11-20-2005, 05:27 AM   #39
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
Judy, I'll do the potluck planning, what night should we have one? I can put together a list or we can just do the alphabet thing, with last names designating what you should bring. Everyone can bring own plates and silverware, maybe someone will do a coffee pot, or we could just bring our own drinks. We always seem to have plenty of food, I'm hungry just thinking about it. We are getting in on the 28th of March so will be early for helping out wherever.
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 11:07 AM   #40
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Kim, that sounds great. I appreciate your offer. At Minden. we planned a BYOM (Bring your own meat) potluck. Several of us had grills and we planned to have those set up so everyone could cook their own meat, but the owners of the park had a big grill. So all the chefs (guys) gathered around the grill and cooked their meat. The gals stood around and laughed at them. It was a great sight! Then people volunteered to bring food and we kept track of it on the forum so everyone could see what was needed. In addition, everyone brought their own table setting and drinks, if they wanted something other than tea or coffee. They have a BBQ area and a full kitchen and community room for our use. I offer this information just as an idea and I will leave the event in your capable hands. I think Saturday night would be the best. We might have a Meet and Greet on Friday night so we can get to know one another. Probably with finger foods since our second hobby is eating!