Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2009, 07:10 AM   #1
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Mr & Mrs Countryguy & Gallagher, Prayers Needed

Hi everyone, your friends, Carol and Al are in need of prayers for Gallagher, aka Mr G. He's been very ill and it's so touch and go right now. They will be conferring with Dr Lori later today to see what can be done if anything. They may have to make a very heartbreaking decision.

I have seen the Power of Prayer many times in my life but I am always amazed at the Super Power of MOC prayers. There is such strength in numbers, and boy do we have the numbers here.

So, pretty please everybody, send prayers to Gallagher, Carol and Al.

RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:59 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
OH, Patty, thanks for posting this.

Just for the record, Mr.G goes to Dr. Lori on Monday, when we will do more blood work and urine work. We want to see if the meds and new food are working, BUT,I am having trouble getting both in him without his tummy going on strike, which is what happened yesterday/overnight/this AM. When the tummy goes on strike, he gets lethargic and will not eat or drink.

And, we may have to make that decision on Monday. SIGHHH

In the meantime, I surely appreciate all good thoughts and prayers, as Al and I continue the packing frenzy. I am sure our Maker will guide us in the correct decision, no matter what that might be.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:08 AM   #3
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Carol and Al - our thoughts and prayers are with you and Gallagher!
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #4
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Our prayers go out to Al and Carol and Gallagher. We know that they will make the right decision. They have so much love to give, and the "kids" are the center of their world.
We love them all. Stay strong and think positive. Please keep us posted.
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:49 AM   #5
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Carol, we are praying - hard. Please do keep us posted. If you don't mind, would you or Patty please fill us in on what's going on health wise?
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:16 AM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Hang in there Gallagher. Carol and Al, may you continue to find the strength and patience during all of this.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #7
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
We are hoping that Gallagher gets better soon.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:45 AM   #8
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Our prayers are with you all.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #9
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Tammy,

Underlying health issues are beginning renal failure (kidney) and a heart issue. Dr. Lori wants him on different food and meds for the heart that should help the kidney clean better.

Last week he had a shot BEFORE we discovered the renal failure situation and let me tell you, the next 36 hours were NO fun around here. He was very sick (both ends, if you get my drift), and of course dehydration set in. Lucky for me and for Mr. G, I have some experience in dehydration in yorkies, and I started procedures and intakes pretty quick.

After we got past that initial situation, I slowly started him on the new food and the meds. We were doing pretty good, he was drinking water on his own, attitude was fiesty, etc.

Then, yesterday we had another episode of don't wanna eat or drink. I have no idea why, so, I started the preventative procedures again, and discontinued the food and meds for 24 hours.

Today around noon I got him back to yappy and yorkie-like and tonight I started the new food (mixed with his old stuff, a slow switch over) and the meds again. I am hoping for no further episodes.

Dr. Lori will be checking blood and urine on Monday to see if we are losing ground or holding our own.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #10
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
Prayers for Gallagher. Hope he does well.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:17 PM   #11
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Prayers coming your way Mr. G for a speedy and complete recovery.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:48 AM   #12
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Just wanted to bump this up and say we are continuing to pray for Gallagher along with Carol and Al. Wonder how the little guy is doing today?
Old 11-06-2009, 08:00 AM   #13
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Again, thanks Patty,

OKKKK, we are eating and barking and we just had a little romp with bro Captain Hook.

Al and I are spending several hours a day out in Tana, reviewing everything that is in there, taking out stuff, reorganizing, packing and re-thinking STUFF!

If Mr. G continues like this, then the blood work and urine on Monday with Dr. L will tell us something or other. No sense second guessing till the tests are done, but Mom (errrrr, Carol) is gonna be a nervous wreck. SIGH

We are working towards a 10th or 11th departure, and watching the latest storm a brewing in the Gulf.

I cannot tell you how much we appreciate all the kind words and serious prayers. Gives me strength to face this.

Thank ya all~~~
Old 11-06-2009, 08:54 AM   #14
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
We'll keep Mr. G in our prayers. Hope he continues to improve and the tests come out well!
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:03 AM   #15
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
Carol and Al - our thoughts and prayers are with you & Mr. G. ---- Les and Julie
Les and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:26 AM   #16
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Update: The meds and new food are working. Mr. G and his parents have been cleared to vacate Michigan for a bit.

I want to thank you all again for your prayers and support. Means the world to us.

Mr. G is not out of the woods, by any means, Dr. Lori told me last week, that once they are on the meds they can have a year and a half. We are happy to have bought some time.

But, for now, the meds and the food are doing their job and he is happy, barking, playing with Captain Hook, and wiggling his hiney off when he has company.

Each day is blessed, and we thank our Maker for giving us another, with the kids and whenever possible, in Tana.

Now, Al and I are winterizing the stick.

Thanks to everyone!!
Old 11-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #17
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Great news. As you said enjoy each day as a blessing.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:37 PM   #18
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Glad that the meds and food are working.
Now you can head south to warmer weather. Stay safe
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #19
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Glad to hear this. Enjoy your winter!
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:36 PM   #20
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
SO SO SO HAPPY to hear this GOOD NEWS. Enjoy your trip...I am so excited for you all.