Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
direct satellite

Well, after having dish network for over 8 years, today I dropped their service and having direct installed with 2 recievers. I got a 322 receiver back in january this year, and everything seemed to work well until a week ago. At that time no way could I get a signal. After checking all cables and cable ends and running the check swith on the tv, I called dish network, and never have I ever been given the run around in my life! they would send me from one tech to another. and finally I told them that there was a 90 day warrenty on this equipment. They told me they dont pay for a tech to come to a RV and they also dont warrent the equipment in an RV. I have no stick house, only a mailing addy (we fulltimers) so guess I could travel all the way to my postal addy and pulled my rig up in front of that! LOL! anyways I just got tired of their idiot answers to my questions, asked for a supervisor, who was nice, he said the problem seem to be the eyes on the dish, or the receiver which he would maid to me for free, and adjust my bill by $70.00 but for me to little to late after over a week of frustration. so hope I like Direct, I know a lot of you guys have direct. thanks for letting me get this off my chest!, gonna cost me $213.00 to cancel the dish contract, but to me its worth it! the direct getting installed for free only $17.00 for sales tax. thanks again, but just had to tell someone! Oh and they did call back and said they would drop the 213.00 that doesnt apply to long term customers, lol, so least that was good news. they wanted to know if I would reconsider...nope!

tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
msmoonsatx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6700
I can relate to you. We had Dish network at the house with all receivers working fine. Would take a receiver to the trailer, I could not get a signal. They told me that the box must be bad and if I paid for postage, they would send me a new box. Did this, the box worked fine in the house and would not work in the trailer. The answer from Dish is that I must have another defective receiver and if I would send it back (again paying for postage) they would send me another (didn't do it the second time). Then had a problem with the Receiver/recorder. This time they would need to send a technician to the house and I would have to pay for the service call. My next call was to Direct TV.
msmoonsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:58 AM   #3
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We switched to Direct last year because Dish would not update us to HDL without a big charge and it was free for new customers at Direct. Of course Dish has sent us all sort of offers to lure us back. I did like the programming better on Dish, but we tied Direct into our land phone (Qwest) and every service we add we get another discount. We have our internet and satellite service now and we will add wireless when our current contract expires. Having it all on one bill has been nice.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:43 PM   #4
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
I just sold my Cband 4DTV satellite system - except for the 10' Winegard dish.

I ordered Dishnet and they "gave" me a HD/DVR receiver and 2 HD receivers for free because I was new. The rep said that it was good that I ordered the 2 HD receivers now, because they would charge me if I upgraded later.

I am planning for the future. I'd like to put one the HD receivers in the Monte when we are travelling. I still have analog TVs in there, but want to trade out at least the one in the LvRm.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote