Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2007, 10:50 AM   #1
Richard Bruno
Established Member

M.O.C. #7480
3000RK Leans when slides are out

We check and adjust the level with blocks under the tires before unhooking from our truck. However, when the slides are extended we notice that the unit leans to the left and changes the level by mrre than one bubble. I have compensated by setting it slightly off level (higher on the slide side) and that seems to correct the lean.

I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem or if it's some thing I should take to the dealer for correction.

Richard Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:12 AM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Richard,
With both slides being on one side, and nothing on the other side to counter balance the trailer, you DO have to compensate before unhooking, but more than one bubble seems like a lot. I usually set mine with the bubble just over the line on the slide side. When I unhook, and set the rear stabilizers down, the bubble is equally between the lines.

On Edit - When all is level, the bubble on mine is around 1/32 inch from the line on each side. Maybe your level has a smaller bubble?
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:20 AM   #3
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
Richard, Welcome to the forum. I too have a 3000 RK,and it does the same thing. I think it is the soft suspension. I check for level, then place 1 1/2 x 10" board under each left tire. That makes the left side a little bit high, but it works for me. (3/4 x 10 splits too easily) With both slides hanging out on one side,thats a lot of weight. You will like the suspension while towing. Bill
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I have the Travel Trailer version of your rigs and I have the same problem. I just make sure when I park the slide side is just a little higher(on the notch) so when I extend the slides the trailer becomes level. I have just thought of it as one of the quarks of having a bit trailer with both slides on one side. I do admit your unit seems to lean more than mine. 2 lines is a lot of leaning.
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:03 AM   #5
dbrill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #359
My 318BHS does the same thing, I always thought it was because both slides were on that side. I have always made sure that side was about an inch higher and seems to be enough to be level with the slides out.
dbrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:36 AM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
I suppose if both slides are on one side and none on the other then you might get a little leaning but a whole bubble seems like a lot!

We have opposing slides on our rig and have never experienced that situation. Have you checked the shackles to make sure everything is OK?

If there are no mechanical problems then the leveling process outlined by Xthread should

work.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote