Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Questions about the Big Sky

I have some questions for those who have had a chance to see one of the Big Sky prototypes--things I can't tell from the pictures and the on-line brochure.

DECOR--some people have commented that the Golden Vista decor in the Tampa prototype seems to be more neutral than the traditional Montana decor packages. What did you think about the Golden Vista decor? What did the window curtains look like? the carpet? how did people find that two-toned sofa fabric?

FIXTURES--what did you think of the fixtures in the Big Sky? How does the pewter finish look?

DINETTE--does the dinette table slide out from the wall somewhat, or is it locked in a fixed position? How much storage space is there in those cabinets against the wall below the table?

RECLINERS--did anyone try them out? If so, how did they compare to the recliners in the Montanas?

APPLIANCES--anyone notice what brand the new convection oven is? Is it also a 1/2 time convection oven as well as a microwave?

OTHER DIFFERENCES--any other differences that really struck people when comparing the Big Sky to the Montanas?

Really wish we could have made it to Tampa--not sure when I'll be able to climb inside a Big Sky and see what it looks like. And I'm anxious to see one of the production units to see how it compares to the three prototypes that have been used for the RV shows so far.

Thanks for anything you all can share.

David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
You have to be patient Dave, yours will be showing up soon.
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:26 AM   #3
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
David,
The dealer in Clyde, Ohio is expecting to have a Big Sky on his lot sometime in February. We are planning to check it out as soon as it arrives. If you don't have your answers by then, we will let you know what we find.
Don and Bonnie
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:24 AM   #4
Verle and Sue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3960
We, too, would like to know what decors are being offered on the Big Sky. Everything else seems to have been covered either on the MOC or on the Big Sky Website, but nowhere have we seen information regarding the decor, available colors, etc. Is there only one decor being offered on all three units or will there be a choice of 3 different decor schemes as on many of the other Montanas? We hope to go see one in March, the dealers are starting to say they are getting them starting in March (I presume only the 340???). Sue C
Verle and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:23 AM   #5
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Are you ready??? There are 3 interior decors and they are: (insert drum roll here)::::

Golden Vista
Aspen Forest
Twilight Meadow

And no I don't have the faintest idea of what they look like except I did see some pictures of the Golden Vista and it looked kind of plain, reminds me of the one Cambridge that I saw.

Keystone if you are reading this please get the swatches out to the dealers.
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:01 AM   #6
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
I talked to one of the regional sales guys at Montana yesterday about the Big Sky. With regard to delivery time, currently the rigs they are producing are being sent to upcoming RV shows. Once that run is completed, they expect to be able to produce a Big Sky 340 within 3-4 weeks of getting an order.

As for color schemes, they just modified one of the color schemes (he thought it was Twilight Meadow) to make it somewhat more neutral--as all of us were urging in the messages we were posting to Keystone. But they still don't know when they will get the color swatch packets put together for the dealers so that we can at least see what the various color schemes look like. Bummer!!! Jo-Anna is very anxious to know what the interior colors will look like--and I am as well. Seems like all the prototypes that people have seen to date have been the same color scheme--Golden Vista. Waiting to hear when they expect to be producing the other color schemes.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:29 AM   #7
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
If I were Jo-Anna I would be chomping at the bits too. I can tell you that the one I saw was beautiful. It had sorta pewter colors and taupe/charcoal tones. It looked great. In fact everything blended togather nicely and were so neutral she could use almost any color to accessorize. The curtains were all solid and looked wonderful. The chairs were very comfortable as was the couch. Way better than before. The storage cabinets were between four and six inches deep. I remember thinking that it would be a great place to store wine bottles and glasses or paper products. The chairs opened for storage underneath just like the Tana. I did not notice if the table was fixed or not but it sure was nice not to have legs underneath to deal with. The Pewter fixtures looked great. I personally would have prefered the sofa to be solid and accessorize with pillows but the pattern that was there was a nice one. Not feminine or masculine or fussy. In my mind I could see using reds and whites in pillows, towels etc. but I know that everyone would not agree. Just trying to tell you the feeling I had while inside. I would have bought it on the spot if I had the chance and not changed a thing. I really loved the shower. I can't remember the brand on the microwave but it was NOT Apollo and it was a half time convection as well. Hope this answers a few of your questions.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:11 AM   #8
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Helen--Thanks very much for your comments. That's precisely the type of feedback we are looking for. And yes you are right on point--Jo-Anna is chomping at the bit to see the different color schemes in person.

In terms of your specific comments, nice to know we still have the storage space under the dinette chairs and that we gain some storage under the table to offset the loss of the cabinets above. What did you think of the bigger window there next to the dinette?

As for the microwave/convection oven, guess I will avoid the Apollo problems--but wonder what new problems the new model will cause--and we won't have the benefit of the experience of everyone else but will have to be pioneers on this one. Makes me a bit nervous. LOL!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #9
Verle and Sue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3960
Hmmm, Golden Vista seems like it might be self explanatory, Aspen Forest would probably be greens, but Twilight Meadow??? Blues and Greens??? Wonder if they are making all the "first run" ones the same decor or if they are already varying it for the different shows and dealers to show? Guess we'll all find out eventually and everyone keeps telling me that patience is a virtue!!! Thanks for sharing what you know or have seen. Sue C
Verle and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:46 AM   #10
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
As for the bigger window....... It is worth giving up the storage space for it. Awesome.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:15 PM   #11
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Helen--thanks for the feedback on the big dinette window--we're looking forward to it.

Sue--I confirmed with Montana that Aspen Forest is green-tinged and Twilight Meadow is blue-tinged.

Talked to my Montana contact today and confirmed that they are now producing 340RLQs with all three color schemes, although I still don't have any indication on when they are going to get the color swatches to the dealers. We may be planning a trip to Goshen in the next two weeks so we can see what these three color schemes actually look like. If so, we'll take pictures and share them on this site.

I was also told that they have built a prototype of the 350RLQ (the Big Sky version of the 3500) and that it should be in production by the middle of next month.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:17 PM   #12
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Helen--thanks for the feedback on the big dinette window--we're looking forward to it.

Sue--I confirmed with Montana that Aspen Forest is green-tinged and Twilight Meadow is blue-tinged.

Talked to my Montana contact today and confirmed that they are now producing 340RLQs with all three color schemes, although I still don't have any indication on when they are going to get the color swatches to the dealers. We may be planning a trip to Goshen in the next two weeks so we can see what these three color schemes actually look like. If so, we'll take pictures and share them on this site.

I was also told that they have built a prototype of the 350RLQ (the Big Sky version of the 3500) and that it should be in production by the middle of next month.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:25 AM   #13
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
You won't have any problems David and Jo-Anna - its going to be a great coach. A lot of the new gadgets were tried and proven in the Cambridge already, like the refrigerator, etc. (not sure about the micro)

I love the style of the dining chairs - are you going with the wood accents on the LR furniture, or even leather on the gliders? I haven't even seen those yet, just noticed the option.

Brad
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:51 AM   #14
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Brad is right on about some very nice touches that are carry over from the Cambridge units. I sat in leather recliner they had and really like them. We are thinking about replacing ours with some of the newer leather ones.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote