Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #1
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Some people don't have any respect!

The day before the 4th I went out to the trailer to get a bandage for my girlfriend. When I opened the cabinet by the TV to get the first aid case I noticed that there was white junk coming out of it. I thought that one of the cold packs had exploded. As I started cleaning the mess up, I noticed this metal object laying on the shelf. I picked it up and it was a 9mm bullet. I looked around further and noticed a hole in the left side of the cabinet. I got to thinking and went outside on the street side of the trailer and between the entertainment slide and the kitchen slide there was a bullet hole. SOMEONE HAD DRIVEN BY AND SHOT THROUGH MY TRAILER!!!! I am so lucky because I had been out there for the past 3 days cleaning and shampooing the carpets. I could have been hit. I am so mad, I can't believe that people are that irresponsible. I called the sheriff's and they came out but how do you find the idiots? Oh well back to the repair shop...Thank goodness that first aid case stopped that bullet. I guess it could have been worse. But I am still mad....

Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:11 PM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
OK... First off, "Idiot" probably is not the appropriate word here, Kathi. The police can do ballistics check on the bullet, but they need the actual gun too. If this person, or group of people did this to you, they probably have done this to others in the area - unless this was NOT a random shooting, which we SURELY hope it was...

That kind of thinking needs to be done behind "bars".

You will elicit a multitude of responses on this one, Kathi. Good luck finding this guy...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:26 PM   #3
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Thank God you were not hurt by this criminal.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:39 PM   #4
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
WOW! Glad you are ok. Doesn't speak well for the gun lobbies. There are a lot of crazy people out there.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 03:01 AM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Were there any other reported instances in the area, Kathi?

Bill, I think that if we melted every handgun down in the US, this person (or persons) would still have no problem finding a destructive instrument with which to express their way of thinking. We need effective laws in this country - then ENFORCE them. Then make sure Judges back them up - another problem. Changing the instrument will not change a criminal mind (or a misguided prankster's mind) into upstanding, law-abiding, forthright citizen. Criminals never seem to be slowed down by "laws", only by very effective enforcement of the ones already in place. I do not belong to the NRA, nor am I scared to death of guns. Law enforcement needs to be effective in chasing this guy down, period. JMHO

Kathi, where is your trailer parked at? Beside your house? Did this happen at night? Is it a noisy area? A 9 mm going off is going to attract attention, I would think. Do you live in town, or out of town?
Old 07-08-2006, 03:44 AM   #6
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
..............Doesn't speak well for the gun lobbies. There are a lot of crazy people out there..................

I hope you do not think these animals actually have a permit or license.
FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 03:46 AM   #7
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
From what the sheriff said, because of it being on or near the 4th here, (I only had the trailer back from the dealer for 2 days and there was no way it could have happened there because of the close proximity of all the trailers ie side by side) that I could have thought it was fireworks. Here fireworks are on every corner. I do know that my dogs were going crazy from everything that was going on so they were no help. Usually they bark at everything that is not suppose to be around. The trailer is parked beside the garage and we do live on the corner but the guy across the street has his parked the same way. So it is hard to say as to if it was just someone having what they would call fun or someone who has it in for my trailer. I also was told that 9mm's go for around $100. around here and it is legal to buy one. Montana is a funny and very very slow state. I live in the county of Kalispell so I think it might have been a bunch of kids. No one else reported shots fired anywhere around here either. Crime here is nearly nonexistent for the most part. Nothing like Ca. So I really don't know what the heck was in those minds when they did this.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:58 AM   #8
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Thank heavans nobody was hurt. An idiot and a gun are a bad combination. I hope they find the moron before he hurts someone.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:12 AM   #9
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wrenchtraveller

Thank heavans nobody was hurt. An idiot and a gun are a bad combination. I hope they find the moron before he hurts someone.
I agree, Don. Almost as bad as an idiot and a car.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:38 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839

There are jerks everywhere..glad you were not hurt. We are in Canada and the news here on The "A" channel looks and sounds just like on any of the Cleveland station/ Bank robbery Rape, shootings, knifings..Not as many folks here so not as much trouble..but people are people and the bad guys can always get what they want because they ARE bad guys...Wonderfull folks here and beautiful country..we are now in Blyth, Ont
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:04 AM   #11
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Given the idiocy of someone doing this, the key thing is that you were not in the camper when this happened. So glad for that!

I fail to understand what motivates this sort of activity. I hope the police somehow catch whoever did it.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:07 AM   #12
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Glad no one was hurt from this sad story, what is this world coming to? As everyone has said there are a lot of crazy people out there and they seem to do crazier things everyday. With the price of fuel today people in our rural area are back to stealing fuel from the farmyards. The latest twist is when you lock up the nozzle they just cut the fill hose, fill up and then leave the hose draining on the ground and flip a match to it when they leave!!! So yeah, right, in Canada we may not have as much of a gun problem (only our criminals have guns ) but the crazies still attack society with different weapons of destruction. We will forge on enjoying life irregardless of there actions, otherwise they win!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:28 AM   #13
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Kathi, I am so sorry for this added stress in your life. And we're glad that you weren't hurt. People can be so stupid.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:30 AM   #14
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Drugs and excessive alcohol help, JD. The there are others who don't need either to help them do this kind of activity.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:17 AM   #15
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
This happened to Al's Mom several years ago. She lived on Long Island in a very nice calm neighborhood. Best guess is, it came from the street one block over in back of her house. The bullet went in and wedged itself in a chest of drawers in her guest room. We were so thankful she wasn't in there. She was a neat freek and could have very well been in there cleaning. The insurance company did pay for the damage, but never found out who it was. We are so glad you are ok also. Things could have been much worse!
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 02:51 PM   #16
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Kathi, glad you were not hurt. I agree with the statement that criminals or mischief makers are going to find a way to get guns no matter how many laws we have. Why let a few ruin it for the rest of us who are responsible gun owners.
Happy trails.............................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:09 PM   #17
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
It is really only another day in the life of Kathi! Every since Paul's stroke things just keep happening....2 weeks ago, I broke my foot...Add that to the list, then there is the fact that I and I alone am keeping this household above water right now. I have to laugh or else I will crack up, that is for sure! LOL......Really, I keep very busy with running back and forth to Paul's, cleaning the house, laundry, yard work, bills, you know all the normal things that you do when life gives you lemons....I am making lemonade....What else can you do. You know the saying "What doesn't kill ya only makes you stronger." I keep telling my daughter that I am the worlds strongest woman!!! All kidding aside I really have a strong support system here and that is a good thing...When this is all over, I am sure I will look back and think how really silly the whole time was...Right?
Old 07-08-2006, 04:36 PM   #18
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Kathi, I am a strong believer in"self talk" (as are most psychologists). Your brain will believe and become what it hears - even out of your own mouth. This is a physiological fact - not some theory. You've heard the phrase that you will become what you think about (and then the common joke from a man: "OMG, I'll turn into a woman!").

Here's a good book - I'm not promoting the site... just the book. It could help get you through the tough times. It sure helped Cheryl and I.

Old 07-08-2006, 06:02 PM   #19
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
OMG! What is wrong with this world? About 5 years ago my sister was awaken to gun shots..they are out in the country. Some idiot thought it was neat to go and shoot off a gun into houses! Luckily no one was hurt! My sister found bullet holes in her bedroom, livingroom and kitchen walls!!
I am glad you are ok and not hurt!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 07:11 PM   #20
Gpa_Dick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5960
Wow...I didn't realize you guys are going through some rough times. Sometimes it is hard to see the purpose in things that happen to us. But keep strong as you say you are and you will get through it. This time of year there is a lot of drinking and carousing by young'ins and hopefully it wasn't anything more than that. If they get caught, I hope they get a stiff penalty. After all, it could have been more serious.
Gpa_Dick is offline   Reply With Quote