Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2014, 10:30 AM   #1
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Headed To Destin, FL......again!!

Learned a day or two ago that we have the opportunity to go down, again! Yippee-ky-yah! Since we will be staying once again at Brother-in-law's house on Miramar Beach, RV is staying behind. But, we are going to stow all our suit cases and supplies we are taking in the back of the Denali so we all 4 have room and comfort and taking it down. Give me a great chance to calculate mileage running bobtail. We are leaving on Friday the 25th and be down there for a full two weeks.

Going to look at a brand new campground while there that I just learned about. It is called Destin West RV Resort west of Destin. More in Fort Walton Beach. The resort is on the north side of 98 and faces Choctawhatchee Bay as I understand. Anybody seen or heard of this place? Because, we sure missed it when we was down there back the first part of October. And, we was up and down 98 a couple times going to Navarre.

You can bet I'm gonna' get some deep sea fishin' in, too!

MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
napria
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14116
We always liked Topsail Hill in Santa Rosa Beach, but we're going to try Live Oak Landing in Freeport, North of Destin (across the bay) this summer. It's gotten great reviews and my husband, who loves to fish is excited about all the fishing opportunities they offer.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of Destin West.
napria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:35 AM   #3
Lack of HP
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13008
We went by and looked at it last fall. Looked nice and clean as it should as it is new but we only drove through. was not very busy at that time. the rest of the camping areas were full???? Don't know what the reason was. We were staying at Geronimo Campground. Small but very clean.

Joe
Lack of HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:46 PM   #4
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Destin west is actually on okaloosa island across brooks bridge from FWB. They wii lighten your wallet.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:31 AM   #5
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Anne, Topsail Hill is my first choice. My goal is to somehow get down there next year (2015) in mid March so, Gail and I can celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary and come back north in mid April. I am going to take this opportunity to get reservations made somewhere! I know that I might be cutting it close to get in anywhere with only 10 or 11 months notice.

I will report back on what I find out.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:02 AM   #6
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Left brother-inlaw's place in the Bristol fruit hills yesterday at 10:30 am. Him and I stitched off driving and pulled into their house on Miramar Beach at 5:30 am this morning. Stopped in Fishers at nephew's for awhile on the way thru. Otherwise, made it with no problem. The Denali did great at 70 to 75 mph and averaged 19.7 mpg. Ain't gonna complain about that with 4 of us in it and the bed jam-packed full!
Old 04-29-2014, 02:34 AM   #7
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Got over to Destin West RV Resort. Very neat and pretty little place. Am perhaps going to get reservations made because, the gent behind the desk said there would be sites available next year when we want them. And the price seemed reasonable, too.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:47 AM   #8
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
What you call reasonable, some might call high.
March 14 - August 14
Daily Rate - $99
Weekly Rate - $595

Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:41 PM   #9
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Nope! The guy behind the counter quoted me at 750 bucks for the month plus taxes. I asked if there where any other charges and fees. He said, "No". He said, "That includes water, sewer, electric and free wifi. Plus ALL amenities across the street at the hotel". The time I told him I needed was March 14 to April 14 (approx). He looked at the computer and said that he would have 3 sites available at that time. The only reason I can think of that their prices are so much lower than all the others is that they face the bay instead of the Gulf. Could be wrong.