Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2017, 11:58 AM   #21
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
We have the traveler on the roof with the hopper in the bed room and a Joye in the living room. Ok the hoppper is in the bedroom because the traveler is mounted near the front of the rig where the wiring comes though the roof. The hopper needs high quality wire from the traveler to the hopper. From the hopper to the Joye the wire that is standard in the rig is ok. As for the dealer having a problem with not sure the about the slop or not having a good place to mount they have no idea what they are doing. The roof is all plywood under the EPDM cover. So the traveler can be placed anywhere plus it need not be level as it self centers on the satellites. If you are going to be in the far north the traveler would be best as it can locate the sat better and has a much langer reception area because the larger reflector. The C2 works great but the only reception area is the LMB and it is only about 4 inches across. That said I used one for years and was able to get Dish when in Thunder Bay Ontario CA.

waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:17 AM   #22
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Mel B.

My experience with the portable dish was that I lost HD when I was in Winchester Bay, Or when the fog was heavy. After that I went back to the full size dish. It's not too complicated. I'm in Windsor and would be glad to show you both setups....Just PM me.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:59 AM   #23
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenkco View Post
Mel B.

My experience with the portable dish was that I lost HD when I was in Winchester Bay, Or when the fog was heavy. After that I went back to the full size dish. It's not too complicated. I'm in Windsor and would be glad to show you both setups....Just PM me.

Ken
Ken,
Thanks I may take you up on that. So I ordered the pathway X2 yesterday on Amazon. But I'm not sure what receiver to get. Seems I can buy one that will run both tv's with on receiver and get different channels. Any help with this would be great. Maybe I should just buy to Wallys?? 722K?? VIP 622???
HELP!
Old 07-13-2017, 09:05 AM   #24
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Mel,
Those receivers will not work with the pathways. The only one is the vip211, current model is the Z. The newest is the Wally that works with the tailgater....just checked, it works with the pathwayX2. It too, is a single tuner receiver, one channel at a time.

Ken

The receivers you mentioned are dual tuners that allow you to watch 2 different programs on different TV's. Portable dishes can't do that. If you get the full dish on a tripod, you can get any receiver you want.
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:38 AM   #25
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeFulltime View Post
Actually Dish Network uses 5 satellites. 110, 119, & 129 on the Western Arc and 61.5 & 72 on the Eastern Arc which is what I use. I also have a WA LNB and can switch over to them if unable to "see" the EA birds. I can't speak for Direct TV. Used them for a short time about 12 years ago in the S & B and didn't like them.
I prefer my set up because I'm using the new Hopper3 receiver and it works GREAT.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote