Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2006, 11:42 AM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It is a cock-A-too remember the Beretta Tv series..one of those . It will be included in our new picture soon..On the other side of me. They are native to Indonesia.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 03:16 AM   #22
Rudi and Ellen
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4441
Send a message via AIM to Rudi and Ellen
Thanks for all the input folks. Once again, there's much to ponder.
Safe travels to you all!
Rudi and Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 03:43 AM   #23
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
I know there are varying and strict laws for the hand gun in each state but what about a long gun (shotgun) are the state laws more liberal?
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:18 AM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Each State still varies in terms of Transporting firearms long guns or handguns. The issue with had guns was Concealed. Some of us have Concealed carry permits that are good in many states. The problem is ...is your Rv considered a vehicle or a "home" I can have a loaded long gun or hand gun in my home..not a problem//"transporting" is the key word Go to www.packing.org for information on each states laws regarding transporting firearms...
Old 01-22-2006, 11:22 AM   #25
Wagonmaster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3754
Me and the dw both have permits from az that are legal in some 32 other states. But it is the cumstances that you might ever have to use it that becomes sticky. Young people don't expect old people to be armed..Just my opinion. Jack
Wagonmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 03:05 PM   #26
don m
Established Member

M.O.C. #5122
I may be wrong but it takes a long time for the cops to come to my assistance, even with 911 so i carry I would rather be illegal than at someone's mercy
don m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 03:18 PM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You don't have to carry Illegal in Co..Co has a Concealed carry permit.My Permit is good for carry in CO.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:32 PM   #28
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Don and me are in process of getting a concealed carry permits in CO.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 03:52 PM   #29
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

It is a cock-A-too remember the Beretta Tv series..one of those . It will be included in our new picture soon...
Rich,

Don't you think its kind of ironic that we are talking about handguns, crime, Cock-A-Toos and Baretta all in the same post!! Especially with the circumstances surrounding Robert Blake's late wife.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 04:56 PM   #30
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Well, we made it home. Cheryl was mostly sick this weekend, but we still enjoyed our anniversary weekend looking at RVs... just curtailed some activities due to her tiring quickly.

I have been a hunter all my life and I feel comfortable with all kinds of guns. Some people don't and I try to respect their uneasiness.

If someone tries to pull an anti-gun stance on me, I divert the conversation to something else ("How 'bout those Steelers!"). Neither side will win that arguement (have you EVER converted someone with an anti-gun opinion to your side? I know they would never convert me. So all you have is two angry people, who thinks the other one is a jerk, and who have now BOTH convinced themselves that they have an even stronger position, because they presented such a FANTASTIC monologue (monologue because - don't notice if you have seen one of these - both are talking and neither are listening. "Politician" may come to mind.).

I have too many other things that I can get excited about, that I can change. I really don't like getting lathered up over something that I will have no power to convince someone of.

I'd be a terrible picketer at a demonstration...

Rich, that's a good looking bird. Doesn't seem like it would harm a fly. Sure you're not poking it with a stun gun when Helen's not around???
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 05:05 PM   #31
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Dave
Actually that bird is in attack or angry mode otherwise the plum (head feathers) would be up. Rich must have taken the picture.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:22 PM   #32
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Surely that can't be Rich's hand the bird is sitting on??? Your pretty brave, Rich!
Old 01-23-2006, 03:36 AM   #33
Outahere
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #724
Hi, in response to what richaa said about checking www.packing.org When my wife and I got our concealed carry permits and training through a 30 year retired FBI agent. We checked that site to learn what was alowed and not alowed in other states and found that all to often, that site was "Wrong" about the information they had. I am not trying to fault them but instead suggesting that you check with each state you plan to travel in BEFORE you get there as we did.
Through our investigating this issue we found that the "Optimum" word used by other states concerning a "Conceled Wepon Permit" was, "Reciprocal" Meaning that they (Other states) would recognize the permit you hold from the State in which it was issued to you. We found that that list is much shoter than "Packing.org" suggested.
So just do a lot of homework before deciding to "Carry".
Our German Shepard does most of the work for us so that maybe God willing, we will never have to use our "Constitutional Rights"
Outahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:21 AM   #34
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
I have a CWP. Most times I have my weapon with me. Yes, I have carried it in other states regardless of their laws. Yes, I probably broke the law. Needless to say(I will not elaborate I will just say US military)I am very well trained in using my weapon(s) and not stupid enough to get caught carrying a loaded weapon when I shouldn't be. Would I ever use it, YES! - but only to protect life. Have I used it, I will not answer that question. What do I think about others carrying - I am of the opinion anyone bad or good could be carrying so in bad situations I treat others as though they are armed. Most times we travel with our dog that is very well trained and would protect me and my family to her death. In most cases, our dog could neutralize the situation in very short order without me ever resorting to pulling my weapon.

Is this a hard stance, yes it is. Do I believe the world can be a bad place, yes I do. Does my family know I carry a weapon, yes they do. Each is trained in the use of a 12 gauge shotgun and my handgun of choice. I fully understand that my position probably offends most people. It offends my dad. But, like it was stated earlier in this thread – “I would rather be judged by twelve, than carried by six.” Besides, growing up in the south I don’t recall knowing one person that didn’t have at least a 12 gauge shotgun.

“People who are willing to give up freedom for the sake of short term security, deserve neither freedom nor security. “
—Benjamin Franklin

God Bless America
Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:37 AM   #35
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Good one Jeff.Sounds to me like you have it figured out.

God Bless and be careful
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:47 AM   #36
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I have to tell my protection story. I know those of us who have guns are looked upon by some as being radicals so this is not meant to anger anyone. Years ago when I lived in Upstate New York my 3 teenage attractive daughters and my baby daughter and I (a single parent) lived in an area way back off the main road (10 miles) in an isolated area. From the chatter on the CB I knew there was talk of the 4 hot babes up on Bear Swamp Road (believe it or not I was one of the babes). One evening a "door to door" salesman knocked on the door. He wouldn't leave even though our collie was barking like crazy. My 12 gauge (unloaded) (I'm trained to use it) was standing in the front closet. I reached in and got it and stood with it down beside me and asked him once again to leave. I've never seen a man or car move so fast! We never had any more problems.
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:02 AM   #37
Ormee and Ginette
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #262
What Guns Can I bring Legally into Canada

Check this Canada Customs Website before entering Canada with a weapon... If undeclared and found guilty of transporting a weapon into Canada you risk all including criminal charges...

http://gocanada.about.com/cs/borderc...crosborder.htm
Ormee and Ginette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:06 AM   #38
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
Parrothead - Now that's what I'm talking about! Direct and to the point.

God Bless America
Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:22 AM   #39
Rudi and Ellen
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4441
Send a message via AIM to Rudi and Ellen
Jeff,
Good post. I often hear those, choosing to carry weapons, apologising or not meaning to offend anyone with their point of view. Actually, I believe the great majority of Americans are of the opinion that we have a right defend ourselves, and noone needs to be apologetic about it.
Safe travels...
Rudi and Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:14 AM   #40
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Rudi, I may have mis-represented myself.

I don't apologize to anyone to for my pro-gun stance - EVER. What I MEANT to say was that it is a total waste of time to go out of your way to argue with an anti-gun person. I just don't have a tendency to socialize with people of the opposite view point.

Have you ever convinced an anti-gun person to switch viewpoints? I don't want to go on blood pressure medicine trying to do something stupid, like arguing a non-winable arguement. There is a prayer about that... Courage to change the things you can. Wisdom to know the difference.

You are right on one thing, I don't go out of my way to offend anyone (on purpose). However, if you ever met me, I think the word "whimp" would not come to mind...