Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Medic
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #21
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
OK, I am back on them. Just took one. Also just had meatloaf and mashed taters with gravy.....

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #22
klash
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9399
My wife has suffered from gastric reflux for years. t=Took all the very expensive meds for that problem, elevated the head of the bed, still didn't help. Got an old country remedy from some friends, and by gosh it works. Before every meal take a full tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar, you need the organic stuff with all the sediment in it. If you cannot take the sourness of the vinegar, mix it in a glass of water with a bit of honey it.
We have both been doing this three times a day before each meal and no problems.
Simple but it works.
klash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:03 PM   #23
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
I have been on PPIs since the first open heart in 1996. I have taken just about all of them and now I take protonix VA changed to that from Omeprazol and Acid reflux is a BAD THING it made me think I was having another heart attack same symtoms! I take mine everyday. I also have heard about raising the head of the bed so if it will work let us know.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:31 AM   #24
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by klash

My wife has suffered from gastric reflux for years. t=Took all the very expensive meds for that problem, elevated the head of the bed, still didn't help. Got an old country remedy from some friends, and by gosh it works. Before every meal take a full tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar, you need the organic stuff with all the sediment in it. If you cannot take the sourness of the vinegar, mix it in a glass of water with a bit of honey it.
We have both been doing this three times a day before each meal and no problems.
Simple but it works.
My dad made the very same concoction and took it every day. I might try that.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:37 AM   #25
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
For years I suffered from acid reflux and could not find an acceptable means of help. Resulted in a 50% gastrectomy in 1970. Then about 14 years later had to have another gastric surgery because the bile was eating up my stomach wall.

But I still suffered from acid reflux. Use an 8-inch wedge pillow which helps some. I've had the problem for so long that it resulted in Barrett's disease, which results in the esophAgus lining to become like the stomach wall; this can result in cancer if not taken care of. Doctor now has me on Dexilan in the morning and Zantac in the evening.

I just give you this info so that you take care of that acid reflux. It's nothing to just shrug off. It can be deadly.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote