Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Solar, Charging Systems, Batteries and Electrical
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2018, 01:34 PM   #21
StageCoachDriver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22620
Dude, the inverter was installed to run the kitchen appliance reefer only, nothing else. Other that voiding your warranty in those areas, your install looks pretty stable. Next time buy the Onan generator to run the other stuff.

StageCoachDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:42 PM   #22
jetskier
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22360
Dude? I have to disagree. If that was the case, they would not have put the outlets on the counter and in the bedroom. If you order the residential refer, that is true especially when they used the 1000w inverter in prior model years. The reason they don't do it over more than one circuit is bulk of owners are on shore power or run on a generator constantly. There also isn't a product in the RV market that provides this option for power distribution over multiple circuits other than doing it custom like I did. I like to camp on the beach at Lahontan. I only run the generator for the AC or extended microwave use. Otherwise, the inverter is on all the time.

The warranty is not a concern of mine for something like this. I break, I fix.

I have the Onan 5500 as well, but I don't want to run for trivial loads the inverter can handle.
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 04:03 PM   #23
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylwt View Post
Great job, I can't understand why they don't at least hookup the recliners to the inverter.
Keystone has 2 inverter packages. The first is dedicated to the residential fridge only. The second is 7 inverted outlets which includes the recliners. It's based on what solar package you get. 400 and above get a 2K inverter and 7 outlets.
Old 06-28-2023, 04:10 PM   #24
jetskier
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldbak View Post
Keystone has 2 inverter packages. The first is dedicated to the residential fridge only. The second is 7 inverted outlets which includes the recliners. It's based on what solar package you get. 400 and above get a 2K inverter and 7 outlets.

You're posting to a 5 year old thread...
Old 06-28-2023, 04:22 PM   #25
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
You're posting to a 5 year old thread...
Dude! You put a link to this old thread and I got sucked in..