Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2008, 01:13 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Central Florida warning CANCELED..

After due consideration, Lorraine and I have decided to stay put.
There are others but the 2 main consideration were--
Lorraine has a niece whom she is very very close to living here in Clearwater. They are like best girlfriends. Sherri, the niece, is also where we have our mail forwarded.
For the past 4 winters, Lorraine has been working at the same H&R Block office. In those 4 years she has gained some seniority and a client base of repeat customers.
We discussed these 2 at length and decided it wasn't worth moving half way across the state.

We will however be coming over on the 19th for the Mini-Rally at Bob Evans.

[s]After 4 years in west central Florida Lorraine and I have decided it is time to move on.

When we decided to start this full timing lifestyle we also decided to travel year round. Some how we got side tracked here in Clearwater and have now decided to get back on track.

As we do have a lease on this location until Dec. 31st we will spend the next month or so looking for that new CG and hopefully the new year will find us in that new CG.

So, those of you in central Florida, how about some help. Tell me about your current CG and why you like it or don't like it. Also, are there any other CGs in your area that you can recommend? This Monday, 11/3/08, we will be spending the day scouting out new locations in the west side of the Orlando area such as Haines City, Winter Haven, Kissimmee and maybe Clermont.[/s]

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 04:18 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Why don't you come up and visit Mouse mountain. It is older but clean and well managed. Also three worlds RV resort . We are looking at that as a back up. There are also many more in the area.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 04:21 AM   #3
rps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6052
Glenn:

Sorry for the long post - but as Ricky Ricardo says - I want to "splain"

My wife & I are staying at Blueberry Hill RV Park in Bushnell for the second year in a row -- we will arrive on 1/3/09 and depart 3/27/09 -- we have young nieces and nephews and some business committments that keep us in the "stick house" until after XMAS

While in Florida last winter, we visted about 15 other parks in the West Central Florida area for other options and kept coming back to Blueberry Hill.

Our monthly rent is $475.00 plus electric. We are on one of their paved pull-thru's.

This past year, we spent 6 1/2 weeks in Blueberry Hill and 5 weeks at Grand Lake Resort in Orange Lake.

Grand Lake was a last minute change from the Winter Garden RV Resort - I had booked that one - sight unseen -- we took one drive through and tried to extend our Blueberry Hill stay, but they were sold-out (they were able to give us 5 extra days and then we moved to their sister park Grand Lake)

We liked both parks - but Blueberry Hill works for our current needs - we are both telecommuting to the office (last year, I used the Park WI-FI, supplemented with my Verizon Air Card - This year I will use a Hughes Satellite Dish from Maxwell Satellites)

The only drawback in my mind, is Blueberry Hill has "No Cable TV", but with the Analog to Digital change coming, I have overcome that obstacle by purchasing a Dish Network reciever from Radio Shack, A Dish 500 Satellite Dish from Bestway and subscribing for service locally -- when we get to Florida - I will let them know - I am at my winter home and change the service address.

Before leaving Blueberry Hill last February, we were able to secure our return for this year and we both are very much counting the days to departure - We needed to leave Florida about 2 weeks early this past year when my mom got ill and she has since passed - so I am looking forward to the change.

See you at the Tampa RV Show

Hope you find something you like
rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:06 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
rps---I have checked out their website and I like what I see. Being just 10 minutes from Webster is a huge +
Ever since we started full timing it seems my GMC has a hard time passing garage/yard sales and flea markets. YES, I have been known to pull up to a garage/yard sale or flea market with the Monty hanging on the back. Believe me when I say "I get some very strange looks".

Rich---As you know I am already familiar with Mouse Mountain as well as 3 Worlds but we will take another look. There are also a few others within a very short drive of MM I will also be looking at. I may even consider Deer Creek on route 27. We stayed there 5 years ago for a rally and we loved it. I just don't think we can afford it.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:59 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Glenn..If you are up this way give a call 440-655-1243. We will offer any assistance we can. With the economy being what it is many of the C.G's are willing to deal. Deer creek is super pricey...nice golf course tho...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:16 AM   #6
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
Site 1246 Clerbrook Golf and RV Clermont FL. Thats where we hang out. Dan & Sandy
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Glenn,
Please warn us again when you decide where you are going to go!!!!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:04 PM   #8
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Glenn, I was just down to Lakeland on business trip two weeks ago and stopped in for a tour of Lakeland RV Park just off I-4. It didn't look too bad course I don't snow bird and not familiar with pricing.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:09 PM   #9
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
Glenn, do you like Webster for the flea market? Great place!
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:56 AM   #10
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CasaDelSol

Glenn, do you like Webster for the flea market? Great place!
Joanie, why else would you want to go to Webster??? But only on Mondays and NEVER on a Monday holiday.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:20 AM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Today we took a ride over to Exit 55 of I-4 here in Florida. We looked at about 8 different area campgrounds.
They included...
  • Theme World
  • Mouse Mountain Stopped in for a quick visit with Rich & Helen and Dave & Cheryl
  • Three Worlds
  • Rainbow Chase
  • Florida Inn
  • and a few others
After a bit of a discussion Lorraine and I returned to Rainbow Chase and booked site 10 for 6 months beginning on December 1st.

5 years ago and newbies to Florida we picked Rainbow Chase pretty much out of a hat. It was just before Christmas and we hadn't a reservation for the Holiday as yet. Turned out that Rainbow Chase had a vacancy. We moved into Rainbow around December 23rd and stayed there for the next 9 weeks.
I know I said we were looking for a NEW campground but sometimes you just gotta do what you just gotta do. So we did it.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:18 AM   #12
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Glenn and Lorraine there is a very nice Campground called "Camelot" in Malabar, Florida. I don't know much except that when I drive by it is very beautiful and right on US1 directly across from the Intracoastal (Indiian River), all the campers in there are good looking. If we ever give up our house we will stay there for a while. I think they have a website.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:59 AM   #13
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Are we the only people that like AZ for the winter? No humidity, no bugs,very nice weather! No gators!
Glen and Lorraine, you should really consider AZ if that is not too far for what you are looking for.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote