Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 08:37 AM   #41
WorkerB
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8202
Doug,
We had such a great time at the Lake Siskiyou rally. We kept hearing how much fun it was at Quartzsite that we promised ourselves to try to make it there. We’re shooting for arrival time on January 15 and stay till around the end of the month. Somewhere in there if we can find the time I’d like to visit family in Ajo. I read that the honey wagon will come to empty the holding tanks but I haven’t seen how fresh water is brought in. Is there a water truck that delivers or do we haul in water individually? Just trying to determine if I need to get some kind of bladder system or plastic barrel to bring in fresh water. Any advice here? See Ya’ll there.
John & Roxanne Shepphird

Old 11-11-2008, 08:53 AM   #42
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
John, there are fresh water trucks that roam the area or you can call one. However, several of the good MOC folks have big bladders that they can pump right into your fresh water tank. Water is not a problem.

See ya there.

Dick
Old 11-11-2008, 09:48 AM   #43
WorkerB
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8202
Thanks for the info Dick. That makes preparation 1 step easier. The big challenge for us is to get off the mountain in one piece. We are about a mile and 1/2 from the highway. In that distance we climb from 4100 feet to 4700 feet in elevation. January temperatures in Milford, CA are anywhere from single digits to the middle teens. If we have snow along with the cold things could get a little tricky. Were trying to decide if it's better to leave the Monty with family that live about 11 miles away but right near the highway. The downside is we would have to make many trips to load up and stock the Monty. What ever solution we decide on we will see you there.
John & Roxanne Shepphird
Old 11-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #44
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
John & Roxanne Shepphird,

If you should need water while there, I have a bladder and would be happy to lend it to you, or when I'm going to town, will just bring back water for you, or for anyone else who might need it.

Sure glad you are coming to Quartzsite!! Hope you can get off the hill! Looking forward to meeting you.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:16 AM   #45
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I also have a bladder and a 12V pump that everyone is welcome to use if they need water.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:48 AM   #46
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
WorkerB,

Relax about coming to Q and what you need or what you need to know. We arrived at Q this past January as fulltimers for only 3 weeks and had never boondocked. My wife reluctantly agreed to come to Quartzsite for two days.

The old hands at Quartzsite: Doug, Robbie, Carl, Dick, Ray, Dave, and so many more took us under their collective wing and showed us the ropes. We ended up staying in Quartzsite for two weeks and had a wonderful time. We are coming to Quartzsite this year planning on staying two weeks. The group did such a good job teaching us how to boondock that we were very comfortable boondocking a couple of times in Alaska this past summer.

The MOC Circle at Quartzsite is out on the desert but, not miles from civilization. Should you forget or need anything if someone doesn't have one to loan you; you can get it in the town of Quarztsite.

Trust me, if you open a bay pull out a tool chest you will be surounded by people offering advise.

Looking forward to seeing you at Q.

Grant

PS. Robbie how many more days until Quartzsite?
Old 11-12-2008, 04:03 AM   #47
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Oh Grant, now you did it!

You reminded me that, the Quartzsite Rally is only 66 days, 2 hours, and 51 minutes away.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:40 AM   #48
WorkerB
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8202
Hey Grant,
Thanks for the encouragement. Friends tease me and sometimes call me Mr. Gadget. Usually the first hundred miles of a trip is filled with Damn……… Then Roxanne responds with what now? I forgot something. I finally got a spiral notebook that I keep notes in so next time I can remember it……. Or Not. After retiring in June we decided to take a trip to visit family in Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Mississippi. Because fuel was $4.99 a gallon we decided to take the camper instead of the Monte. We left August 12 and returned October 26. I’m amazed we’re still married. Cramped is an understatement. See the blog we did so the rest of the family could follow us along the way. http://www.the3happycampers.blogspot.com The Siskiyou Rally was our first trip in the Monte last May. This trip to Quartzsite will be the second time we’ve had the Monte out. It will also be our longest trip with the Monte to date. I’m really looking forward to “R-E-L-A-X-I-N-G” in the Arizona desert. First I need to buy Tires and do a bunch of reading on solar panels. We’ll see you in Q.
John & Roxanne Shepphird
Old 11-12-2008, 05:25 AM   #49
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
Hi all,
We will be there. Add us to the list. We will probably be there about a week. We had a great time last year. We look forward to seeing all of you again.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:30 PM   #50
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Well John and Roxanne, Quartzsite is your kind of place! Besides the normal things you forget to bring, Quartzsite will expose you to things you never before realized that you absolutely need to have! There are hundreds of vendors in the various flea markets in addition to the numerous opportunities in the big tent during the RV show. And if you are interested in solar, one of the premier solar supplier/installer is right there.

Grant said earlier he came for two days and stayed two weeks. That is because he had so many vendors coming to his rig installing the various "finds" he couldn't live without.

While the civilization (such as it is) of Quartzsite is a short distance away, the quietness of the desert out on Plamosa Road enables one to fully relax and enjoy life. Add in the terrific neighbors and the minimal agenda (Doug is a big believer in "free time") and you will know why so many of us return year after year.

As others have pointed out, water isn't a problem as many of us have water bladders and pumps. There is a wealth of talent and help immediately available should any question/problem arise. Some folks even bring upgrade projects with them just because of the help available. And if you are interested in stained glass replacement windows for the entry door, this is the place to learn!

We are looking forward to seeing you in Quartzsite

Old 11-13-2008, 02:59 AM   #51
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Carl n Susan

Grant said earlier he came for two days and stayed two weeks. That is because he had so many vendors coming to his rig installing the various "finds" he couldn't live without.
It just seemed that way.

However after a year on the road there are one or two things I am hoping to pick up while at Q this year.

As Robbie would say "only 65 more days until Quartzsite"
Old 11-13-2008, 03:34 AM   #52
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Doug,
Speaking of free time, will there be any? Last years schedule was a little hectic (lol)
Old 11-13-2008, 04:00 AM   #53
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Charlie,

If we have the time, I'm looking forward to your GSAK presentation.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:06 AM   #54
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Now I have to ask what GSAK stands for. I am not as smart as Robbie.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:51 AM   #55
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
GSAK: Geocaching Swiss Army Knife

I'm not kidding! It is actually an add-on for a GPS that allows you to better manage geocaches.

....and Dick, thanks for the compliment, but everyone knows you are the wisest one.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:05 PM   #56
Dave Anderson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1654
This is getting EXCITING !! so many of our montana friends are returning, IF you have roomin your truck, put in a few pieces of firewood,Remember, campfires are a MUST!!! and besides, thats the only place to hear great stories and bawdy jokes......................Dave
Old 11-18-2008, 02:22 AM   #57
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Charlie,
I am still working on the agenda for this year. I am trying my best to not make it as hectic as last year, we should have a couple of more free days. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :-)
Old 11-18-2008, 08:29 AM   #58
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
Well bring some firewood. Is anybody else bring dirt bikes/quads?
Old 11-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #59
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DHenry

.... we should have a couple of more free days. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :-)
Monday and Thursday for starters

Old 11-20-2008, 10:25 AM   #60
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Doug,

Last years' agenda was a killer! Think you can mellow it out a little this coming year?

Dennis
Closed Thread