Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2005, 02:14 AM   #1
Dano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4721
Heater Vents

Hey Everyone,I Have A Problem.(I Need Some Help.) Is One Of The Heater Vents On The Floor A Return Vent. Or Do I Have a Heater Line That Fell Off. (Its The One By The Front Door.)And If So, How Do I Get To It.

Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:36 AM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Mine is a 2005 3295RK and I did have the main heater duct fall off when it was new. For mine access is in the basement on the driver's side of the trailer. There are four screws that hold on a panel which is also access to the water pump. Installation of the main heater duct was very poor. I reattached it and installed some sheet metal screws to keep it in place, no problem since.

The heater return air duct for mine is a slotted panel under the first step on the stairs to the bedroom.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:18 AM   #3
Dano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4721
Thank's Charlie, Thats What I Thought. I Checked The Heater And All The Lines Are In Place, It Must Be Under The Belly. I Seemed To Be Using More Proprane Than I Thought I Shood. (All My Water Lines And Tanks Should Be Nice & Warm) I'll Have To Pull the Belly Off And Check It Out.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:59 PM   #4
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
I have a 3475 06 and my heater duct had fallen off also. It was held on by duct tape. The hole that the fitting was to go to was the same size as the outside of the fitting.I made a piece of sheet metal so I could screw the fitting on to the heating run. Now it it is secure like it should be and not held up by duct tape. With the tube not hooked up the furnace was sucking in hot air and very little was going to the coach. Every thing is fine now. I had to remove the panel like Charlie did. Good luck.
Mickey&Mary
Wilson our Westie
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:29 AM   #5
Dano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4721
hazmic, The way my heater is mounted the only way i can get to the hose is thru the belly. Mine is a (vertical) mount. There's one line going up to the bedroom and the other hose's go down. I blocked off the other two vents in the living room and I got plenty of heat thru the first vent, so thinking there's not enough flow for three vents or (one)of the two hoses in the belly came off. Dont have much time during the week (work) I'll look this weekend.