Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2008, 08:56 AM   #61
Snownyet
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6077
We dont see decent weather till june here, what else is there to do an a 39 degree tuesday night? Headed out tonite with the monte for memorial day weekend, we're hoping it gets warm, heck the weather man says a heat wave is coming,we may even make it to 65 degrees.

Snownyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:43 AM   #62
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TLightning

I certainly do not want to irritate six pages of posters, but IMHO, anybody who watches AI, needs to get a life...I'd have to be bored to death to watch that show!

It's a whole lot better than most of what's on the tube.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:47 AM   #63
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TLightning

I certainly do not want to irritate six pages of posters, but IMHO, anybody who watches AI, needs to get a life...I'd have to be bored to death to watch that show!

Unless you're a music lover,there's some incredible talent on that show. Well worth watching.
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:17 AM   #64
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Sigh . . . ok, TLightning . . . you got me. You're right--I don't have a life. I'm a high school English teacher of Advanced Placement (college-level) Literature and Composition. Any high school kid can tell you that teachers definitely do NOT have lives. My students are positive that when the last bell of the day rings, I retreat to my little closet in the corner of my classroom, flip upside down and firmly attach my feet/claws to the coat hook, and hang there quietly, in the dark, until the first bell rings the next morning. Seriously!

Back to Idol: I see a lot of incredibly gifted singers come through our small high school, kids who, because of geography and or finances, will never have a shot at American Idol or anything else that might get them the attention they deserve. So, I really do enjoy seeing the Idol contestants have a chance to realize their dreams.

I also watch the RV shows!
Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:03 PM   #65
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
The DW and I like the show for its music and entertainment value. At least it isn't one of those reality shows.
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #66
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
I just got time to watch a recorded version of last night's show...it was a gooden. As much as I like the big David, I don't feel he has been as consistent as the little guy. The little David put on a good old fashioned whoopen last night...all that coming out of a seventeen year old is amazing.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #67
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Yeah! The best man won by 12 MILLION votes.

Congratulations David Cook
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #68
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
It was a pretty good final all in all...some that came back showed why they were in the competition, and some showed why they were voted off.

Cook definitely has star quality...the little guy came a long way too.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:12 PM   #69
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
TLightning,
What does entertain you? As spoken previously, there have been some very fine talent on AI. In the early days of AI, any yokel could get up there and bellow, as evidenced by some flashbacks on tonights show.

Now-a-days, it costs a few bucks to get to the show and audition, but once a person is in the line-up, they stand as good a chance as anyone in making a living out of something they love to do - entertain.

Back in 1975 I emceed a talent show for "the" High School in Pamlico County, NC. During the rehearsals, there was a young lady (I really wish I could remember her name.) that was pantomiming a popular song of the time. In between acts I would be off-stage waiting to go on and tell a story or two while the next act was getting ready. For some reason, the audio track she was going to pantomime got messed up and I convinced her that she could sing the song herself. She brought the roof down and got a standing ovation. I really hope she made something of herself in the music industry because she had a fantastic voice and if she were able to have had something like AI during her time, I think she also would have made it to the top. Even those that don't win still have a good chance at doing something with their lives. And, their success has a ripple effect on their family and many folks they know.

Hmmm! I wonder what AD (American Dance is going to be like.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:46 PM   #70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Too bad there had to be a loser, but the best man, or at least the most well-rounded man, did win. What a season!

Waynem, I already have my DRV set to record "So You Think You Can Dance" tomorrow night!!! I like to watch dancing, particularly some of the new dance styles, and that show brings out the most innovative dancers I've ever seen. Of course, it brings out all the weirdos, too, but I just work on a crossword or my computer while they are performing. When a good dancer takes the stage, I go back to the television.

David Cook won the big enchilada, but David Archuleta is a winner in my book, too.

Carolyn
Old 05-21-2008, 08:10 PM   #71
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
I certaintly think the right David won. I bet we haven't seen the last of Archulette either. Woo Hoo! Now I'm ready for the auditions in January!
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:00 AM   #72
5ER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #90
Idol is one of the shows that me and the wife like to watch together. She doesn't like my sport shows. We were both happy to see David Cook win. The other David songs remind me of Disney movies or spiritual singing which is fine if that is what you like.
5ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:14 AM   #73
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Tammy, I'm suffering from WITHDRAWAL already. January is a long, long time away . . .
Carolyn