Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2019, 05:29 AM   #21
Baldicon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20906
Having my front jacks raised while at the dealer for warranty work, since we drag coming out of our local campground. I always put blocks down on all 6 jacks to reduce the length of extension and reduce "wiggle". So, no problem putting an extra block on the front jacks. Our 5er sits very level when hitched and I have more than 6" clearance between trailer and truck.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:23 PM   #22
hosssmith
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14197
Stufisher, If you'er asking me I am not knowing how to answer that question. I have a Goose Box air bag gooseneck hitch on my trailer because that was the only gooseneck hitch Montana would warrant. It is set as high (bottom holes) as it will go and I do not really have enough clearance between the bed and the trailer. They make occasional contact so I work really hard to watch the inclines into and out of places. It seems to me that fuel stops often have the greatest changes in elevation of most places I would try to get into or out of.

We really like the ride the air bag hitch gives and yes I have to air it beyond the recommended amount to get a bit more clearance. I have pondered getting a taller ball for my B&W hitch but I haven't done that account not knowing what the additional leverage would do to the hitch mount or pickup frame.
hosssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:45 PM   #23
Lucky23
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18031
I had to raise mine 2 holes all the way around to clear our steep driveway backing in & pulling out.also put airbags on tv & air to 100 lbs then lower to 45-50 when pulling and have never had a problem levelling I carry 6 - 2 1/4 x 12 wood pads.
Lucky23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 05:22 AM   #24
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
I dragged my rear jacks a couple times pulling out of some sites so I raised them a couple holes and sprung for the Anderson blocks. The rig is now much steadier when set up and the jacks are good and high when traveling. I didn't raise the front ones as they seemed to have good clearance.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:43 AM   #25
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
Sure, they can be moved up and down. Are you asking a question?
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote