Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
barmar
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8385
Satellite TV-Bell Express VU

Not sure if this is the right forum but wish to know if there are any Canadians (in Montys or whatever) down south right now and who have Bell Express VU satellite service and if so, are you able to get any signalvia Bell TV 91? In previous years I've had no trouble setting up the receiver, etc but this year no luck for whatever reason(s). I have a roof antenna (auto-align) with no luck but also tried a separate system (hand-align) and still no joy. Has Bell somehow cut us off--this has been a contentious issue with Bell historically.

barmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
Loui
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12538
Send a message via MSN to Loui
Bell replaced Nimiq 91 in May 2012.
We now get a better signal, but 200 miles south of the Canadian border ...nothing.

Here is a link for the new Nimiq 91 foot print.

http://www.satbeams.com/satellites?norad=38342

If you want Bell TV south of the 49th your out of luck sorry to say.
I'll be in your same shoes in a month or so. I to am also interested to hear what other Canadians are doing.

Shaw may be the only other option but for how long I don't know.

Dish offers a pay as you go but I don't know if a Canadian will be able to qualify for the service as we are not a resident of the USA.

http://www.dishformyrv.com/

HTH
Loui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
I think Shaw satellite is your only option now unless you opt for Dish as mentioned above. We have Dish and it works great BUT your network channels are from San Francisco, Los Angeles and Denver. If you want local (wherever that may be while your snowbirding)you'll have to settle for over-the-air but that's not so bad. Here in Yuma for instance, the OTA channels cover the local channels which are major network channels and the reception is excellent.
moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
barmar
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8385
Thanks for your inputs guys--what a bummer eh?? If I had known about this prior to leaving Canada I would have switched to Shaw in a heartbeat. Now in San Diego and won't be home until mid-April, with no Canadian channels in the interim. Oh well, you live and learn and my dear lady is not a happy camper right now without her daily dose of the CBC. radio and TV!!
barmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:52 AM   #5
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
If you check around you will find someone down south that will sell Shaw equipment. We bought our Traveller dish from Winegard down here and a fellow in the next park from us had someone come out to fix his Shaw and that is all he deals with. They have moved some where else now or I would get his name. Just google the net.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:34 AM   #6
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
I sent you an email with a website for down in California & Mexico.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:32 AM   #7
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Here is a link to a business that operates in most of the southern part of AZ and I have dealt with them when in Yuma. I don't know what auto dish you have but if it is Wineguard or MotoSat they are dealers for both and should be able to help you out.

Link: http://www.azrvsatellitetv.com/

If you go to the Shaw Direct website you will find toll free numbers to call and you can likely take out a package from them while down there.

The LNB's are different for the different networks, and some change would have to be made there, however if you have Wineguard already that might not be too significant, perhaps the dish, arm and of course the LNB's.

We have Sat TV at our home and the Wineguard Auto installed on the roof of the fiver, we must have separate receivers since the home dish and LNB is different than that supplied by Wineguard. I have been told that Wineguard and it's LNB currently would not support the new Satellite, they are apparently working on that, but the other two will continue to be used or so I am told.

Dump the Bell and go with Shaw, according to my last conversation with them they will have another Sat on line sometime this year and they are not planning on changing their footprint as Bell did.

Gotta keep the GW happy, mine would be very upset now if she did not have her local programming and I might just want to watch a hockey game or two while down there.

Good luck

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:55 AM   #8
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
If you phone Shaw and have the home away from home package they will send you the new LNB for your Winegard dish I got mine last fall. They are very helpful in get your receiver set up for the new LNB which only takes a couple of minutes. I now have the new LNB on the house and 5th wheel and can change all receivers round to either place.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #9
clarkandsheila
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7994
We use Shaw.
A friend who is also Canadian just got a Tailgater and the Dish package. As for an address use the park's or a park address. Just be sure to get the actual zip or there will be questions.
That is what he did and they couln't care less. He is on the pay as you go so to get started he had to use his Visa but i think now he can do it online.
If you are in Q there are two places that could have set him up but he was too impatient with them but got it done anyways. Just more fooling about.
clarkandsheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #10
GaryM
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9975
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by barmar

Not sure if this is the right forum but wish to know if there are any Canadians (in Montys or whatever) down south right now and who have Bell Express VU satellite service and if so, are you able to get any signalvia Bell TV 91? In previous years I've had no trouble setting up the receiver, etc but this year no luck for whatever reason(s). I have a roof antenna (auto-align) with no luck but also tried a separate system (hand-align) and still no joy. Has Bell somehow cut us off--this has been a contentious issue with Bell historically.
OH MY GOD THE STUPID RESPONSES YOU GET FROM SIMPLE QUESTION.
Bell has launched a new sat and you will loose signal around Salt Lake city. You can get a pay as you go dish system and not have to change any thing with your dish. Just install a dish receiver and go from there. But watch out any dealer will try and hit you up with a $ 199.00 activation fee but there is a number you can call and have that fee waved. Do your research an all will go well. You will then get useless us programing but it is better than nothing.
GaryM is offline   Reply With Quote