Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
Drifty1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9441
Ipad for the road.

Picked up a Ipad with 3g capability a week ago. I have not used it with the ATT service yet as we have Wifi at this resort I am job camping at. I think it will work just fine for E-mail and web surfing. I must think it is going to work out fine as I ordered one for the folks after using it for just 2 days. It comes in real handy for watching the stock market go straight SOUTH!

Old 05-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Earlene has had one since Mother's day, as a gift from me. When she'll let me, I'll use it. There is one app called RV Companion that is only a couple bucks. One of the features is a leveler. Real neat. There are tons and tons of free apps out there, just search for them. We have the 64Gig 3G model. We have used 3G exclusively except at this CG. No service for AT&T, but the CG has WiFi and we have connected using it. Also look for an app called "Good Reader." You can send files to your email account on the iPad and open them with Good Reader. I was wondering how to import Earlene's email addresses and sent an Excel spreadsheet and Good reader not only opened the spreadsheet, but it wasw hyperlinked on the email name. Click on a link and add to iPad address book. Earlene really is glad she has one.

p.s., If you have a Kindle, you can download an app that will read the Kindle books on the iPad. Much bigger controllable text. Of course, there is always iBooks also.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:34 AM   #3
Drifty1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9441
Thanks for the info Wayne, I forgot about the leveling app. If I can pry the Ipad from the wifes hands I will download it. I am also going to load Good Reader. Have you come across a app that I can use to markup PDF files? I have Bluebeam Revu on my laptop but would like have something like that on the Ipad. Thanks again for the info and stop by Pioneer Trails in Anacortes Wa. if you are in the area.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:07 AM   #4
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
we set up the trailer this trip with the leveling app, and it worked great, first time. Have had mine since my birthday, April 30, the day the preorders were delivered. 3G version love it, but not terribly happy with the ATT coverage here at lake Siskiyou, but 7 feathers is supposed to have 3G coverage, so we will see. I LOVE my iPad.
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote