Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:07 AM   #1
Susan not Carl
Established Member

M.O.C. #8592
Quartzsite 2010 Creative Lanyard Making

Those of you here at the Quartzsite gathering have probably noticed all the wonderful lanyards some of the attendees have and wonder where they got them. After all, doesn't Quartzsite have everything you never knew you needed? Well, while you could possibly find lanyards in Q, most here made their own! They are relatively simple to construct and you don't have to be an experienced beader to do it. We have lots of volunteers to help and advise you in every facet of construction.

If you want to participate in this fun project, meet us Wednesday at 9:30 AM out at the tent in the middle of the circle. Be sure to wear your name tag. We will get organized and travel into to town to purchase beads. Then later in the day, after the potluck, we will gather and construct the lanyards themselves. You will be amazed at the inherent skills an artistic abilities you have and never knew about.

We will need a few people to help drive the group to town and back.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
I'll be there.

Kathy
Old 01-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #3
Shooterdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8905
Funny you should mention the Lanyards, my wife and I stopped by on Saturday to meet Robbie , as we were leaving , she asked {I wonder where Robbie got his Necklace} . Wish we were there to see how you made them , his looked real nice . You guys have a Fantastic Camp set up and we wished we could have hung around longer. Scott
Old 01-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #4
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
WARNING: Lanyard-making with Susan can lead to an addiction to beads and beading. Seriously. I'm not even TRYING to recover. In fact, I drove 90 miles north to the Garden of Beadin' in Butte this morning just to buy come copper findings, which led to picking up a few unusual beads that caught my eye, which led to buying a few more findings that went with those beads . . . You get the idea.

Carolyn
Old 01-19-2010, 04:41 AM   #5
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
OK--we got the painted sattelite dish, the stained glass window, the MOC number decal, the flag pole... All we need now is new lanyards!!!! YEA, I'll be there and can drive.

Mariana
Closed Thread