Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2009, 03:36 AM   #1
wat42
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4557
Mackinac Island

Since I know I can get the best info from this forum,here goes. Going to Mackinac Island in a couple weeks. Want to just spend an overnight on the mainland. Any suggestions for good RV places to stay. For those of you who have been to the Island, what are the things we shouldn't miss? Will be visiting friends in TraverseCity and have an extra day to go up to Macinac and will stay overnight before returninig. Thanks for your suggestions.

wat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:49 AM   #2
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
If you have bikes take them, it's an nice ride around the Island. It's 8 miles but mostly flat. You can also rent bikes by the hour. If you'd rather walk around there is the Fort. It's a steep climb up but it's pretty interesting. The horse drawn wagon tours are very informative also. A must see in our famous Grand Hotel. A must eat is Fudge. Right now a Rally is going on in Mackinaw City at Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping. Also take plenty of $$$ Have fun we were there last week in the rain and we still enjoyed ourselves. Stacy
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
William, we are all here now - where are you???

We are having a blast - most are on the Island as I type...

Can't remember why you mentioned you couldn't make it, Bill (wswebster)? We have 22 rigs now that Richfaa has finally made it in...

William, check these links out - a wealth of info. If you need any further info, feel free to PM me.

Dave

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...play.php?f=123
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #4
wat42
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4557
Thanks for the info. I did look at the links, looks like you're all having a great time. My wife, Patty & I met Rich & Helen in Fla. this past winter and they told us about the trip. We had wanted to make this Rally but have had neice here for 3 weeks and this coming weekend was only week we could make connections to take her home. Guess we'll take a tour of the Island on Sat. Sorry we missed all of you, we'll get to something sometime in the near future, hopefully.

Bill
wat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'd recommend you not miss the tour of the Fort. Then, when back on the mainland, you can tour the original fort location as well. That's in Mackinaw City.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote