Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Update on Little Bit - Bad

We just got the answer for Little Bit. She has end-stage liver disease and there is nothing that can be done. She has multiple medical problems that I've told you about before. The vet said she may live thru the summer. The vet is calling in a prescription to help reduce the ammonia in her system which might make her want to eat. We should know in the next 24 to 48 hours if it is going to work. Bernie and I have some tough days and decisions ahead. I can't stop crying.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. We could sure use them now.
Tammy

Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
So sorry to hear about Little Bit,enjoy your time with her and know when the time comes she'll be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. Our hearts go out to you and Little Bit,we'll keep you and your family in our prayers.
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:56 AM   #3
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
So very sorry to hear about your Puppy. I can relate to thia. We lost a Schnauzer 5 years ago to cancer. After cemo she lived a good 14 months but it came back and they couldn't save her.
My heart goes out to you.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:21 PM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Oh, we are SOOOOOO sorry to hear about this, ditto what Dustytuu and jjackflash say, 100 times over and over again.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:25 PM   #5
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Tammy and Bernie,

We are so sorry to hear about Little Bit...it is so devasting to know that your baby is sick and you can't do anything to change it. Love him, enjoy him, and do your best to make him comfortable. Hang in there and know you all are in our thoughts and prayers.

Robin and Doug
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:42 PM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bernie and Tammie,

We are so sorry to learn of Little Bit's situation. Please don't let her suffer too long.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:57 PM   #7
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Thank y'all so much. After many, many, many tears and many, many discussions with our vet today, we will probably be putting Little Bit down tomorrow. The medicine we are trying for the ammonia build up is just making her sicker. Constant vomiting. Please continue to pray for us. Each second is getting harder. Thank you again.
Tammy
Old 04-14-2008, 04:58 PM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Tammie and Bernie,
The decision you made is a very, very difficult one. Please take consolation in the fact that Little-bit has lived a wonderful life with her human parents. Any decision you make is the correct one, and you made the correct one. Little-bit will rest forever in doggy heaven.

God bless you both in this difficult time.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:52 PM   #9
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Oh, this topic breaks my heart! I feel your pain!

Do yourself one thing before you say good-bye to Little Bit.

We did this with a poodle that was 21 years of age.

I bought a small (12"X12") canvas board, and four color's of (fabric) pastel paints.

We painted "Misty's" paws and had her walk across the canvas board.

Today (she died about five years ago) we still have that painting.

Great memories!

My daughter also still has Misty's dog tags as her key chain.

Life can be so hard....best wishes!

PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:02 PM   #10
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Tammy and Bernie: remember her in the good times and what a blessing she has been to you. You are doing the right thing, even though it is hard. She doesn't deserve to suffer anymore. She will feel your love as she passes to a better place. We will be praying for you.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:10 AM   #11
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Tammy,

Please know that we are keeping you and Little Bit in our thoughts and prayers. We know all too well your pain and the agonizing decisions you have had to make in the last couple of days as we had to put down our beloved Pepsi just a few weeks ago.

I like Denise's suggestion. When we went to pick up Pepsi's ashes, there was a condolences card from the vet's staff with a small white card with Pepsi's paw print on it. The flood of emotion was overwhelming. It is truly amazing how much of an influence our pets have on us.

I have enclosed a link to the Rainbow Bridge. I know that it has helped us through those tough times.

http//www.rainbowbridge.com/Poem/html
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:50 AM   #12
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Thank you all so much. We are traveling to Anchorage this afternoon. Little Bit has an appointment at 3:30. Your words have all been so kind, both written here and the many e-mails and private messages we have received. Thank you for supporting us during a very difficult situation.
Bernie & Tammy
Old 04-15-2008, 01:39 PM   #13
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Aw, guys, this is so sad. Please read the Rainbow Bridge poem again and again. That paws painting idea is fab, never heard that one, I like it!

Consider yourself sufficiently hugged and feel all the warm good thoughts and prayers going out for you and Little Bit.

Abby will be waiting for Little Bit at the bridge, so will Sebastian, and Benjamin and a number of kitties.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #14
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
We can certainly relate to your pain. We had to have our 15 year Chihuahua put down last month. It's a difficult thing to do but sometimes it’s a comfort to know there not in pain anymore.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:09 AM   #15
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Here is a poem that was given to us by the vet. Hope it helps. I hope I can get it typed before I cloud up.

"IF IT SHOULD BE"

If it should be that I grow weak,
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand,
Don't let your grief then stay your hand,
For this day more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years,
What is to come can hold no fears,
You'd not want me to suffer so,
The time has come, please let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,
And please stay with me until the end,
Hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you'll see,
The kindness that you did for me,
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve, it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do,
We've been so close, we two, these years,
Don't let your heart hold back it's tears.

Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:52 AM   #16
krtam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7840
Tammy and Bernie,
Sooo sorry to hear about Little Bit. Hold on to those memories, make a scrapbook, it helps with the healing. I'm crying just reading your post, my prayers go out to you.
Bill and Ann, that is a beautiful poem, thanks for including it.
Sharon
krtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:03 AM   #17
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
It is a beautiful poem.

Little Bit died peacefully with us holding her. She was such a good girl. Our vet, Dr. Dyan Ecklund at Southside Animal Hospital in Anchorage, is a wonderful, caring vet (and lady). She had cared for Little Bit for a long time and even came in on her day off to take care of things. If you are ever in the Anchorage area traveling and need a vet, I highly recommend this group. Little Bit is well loved and we have many years of wonderful (and funny) memories.

Thank you all again.
Tammy
Old 04-16-2008, 08:16 AM   #18
jackandh2o
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8010
Tammy and Bernie, our hearts ache for you guys.
Cherish the memories.

Ray and Janet
jackandh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #19
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Tammy and Bernie,

So sorry to hear that you had to make the decision of letting Lil Bit go. It is a blessing that we can give our pet family members, allowing them not to suffer anymore. I had to set my 22 year old cat, Shera,free in October of 2005 and then in January do the same thing to Avery who was 1 1/2. Some of the hardest things I have had to do, but I knew it was the right thing to do.

Time will heal your heart, you will always have those cherished memories that you shared with your beloved pet. Your cat may have problems missing Lil Bit. Ashton could grieve right along with you. Pets miss their buddies too.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:11 PM   #20
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Tammy and Bernie,

I'm so sorry for your pain, but Little Bit is now running, barking and playing in a better place...hopefully he'll meet up with my Allegro, Felice, and Nina and they'll swap stories about their wonderful and, (at least in my case) slightly wacky "human pets!"

(Good thing this is a short note or I'd short out the computer 'cause I'm crying great big crocodile tears all over the keyboard.)

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote