Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2007, 03:17 AM   #1
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
A case of crab from Galveston

We stayed at Dellanara RV park on the beach at Galveston Island Tx. Thanksgiving weekend. The weather was terrible, the wind blew , rained and was cold. We had a great time. After the storm a bunch of shells scattered the beach and found some great shells. We put them in a plastic bag till we got home, they were left in the truck for a week and were taken out to show the grandkids. I guess the little guy was hungry and thirsty and nearly popped out of his shell when picked up. We are going to try to keep him and give him a home. I would never have took the shell knowing the crab was in there. I always look to see if there is something inside but this shell was so big that he was able to hide pretty well. The grandkids did not know what to think.

trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 04:05 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
If you were in Galveston, you were about 35 miles from where Dianna is recovering in Clear Lake/League City area. Glad you enjoyed the trip.

By-the-way, be careful of putting conch (cone) shells up to your ear. There are some species of them that are highly toxic and can bring death in a matter of minutes. It is a good idea to make sure they are empty. A web study of "venomous shellfish" may be helpful in identifying nono's in the water.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:57 AM   #3
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Good tip Stiles. These were shells washed up on the beach and by all appearance was empty. Someday I will get my skin diving gear back together and go when the weather is not so bad and explore more, with caution.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote