Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Computers and Camping

After working in the computer security business for many years, and using a PC at work and home because of the job, we recently purchased an iMac 24.

I was wondering if anyone had packed an iMac up and taken it with them in their Montana. I still have the original box, so packing would be no problem. In the past I used the Toshiba Satellite 45 Laptop. The iMac would be a nice addition to a trip with its 24 inch screen.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:51 AM   #2
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
I take my 17 in Mac powerbook everywhere. I have a Kyocera KR-1 wireless router with a Verizon aircard. I provides 24/7 internet connection. It works GREAT! I also use MS Office and send all sorts of documents from all of the Office programs to my college offices and their windows machines can open them and print out copies for me at any time. I use Firefox for my web browser and it also works fine. I am currently running Mac OS 10.3.9. We have a Xerox color laserwriter that also connects to the KR-1 router. We couldn't be happier with our set up!
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:38 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Thanks Steve and Sharon.
The iMac 24 has built-in wireless. I rely on Wi-Fi at the sites for connectivity. I'm to cheap to subscribe to Satellite Internet. I'm running Version OS x. Highly recommend OS x. It has some nice features to it (according to my Brother - he's the MAC nut) I have not had the necessity to print, scan, etx., but should I, I'm ready to pull the Epson equipment with me.

I'll probably take both with me. There is some functionality on the Laptop that is not available on the iMac. I'll have the better of both worlds.

Thanks.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:05 PM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Wayne, I don't know what model you have but I have my Sony PC on the desk in our 3400. It is secured with earthquake clamps as well as the flat screen and printer. My keyboard is on a keyboard drawer under the desk (we added the drawer) and I velcro it. All of this has traveled to NV to WY to SD to MO to KS and now to NM via OK and TX without any problems. If you have a desk in your unit, I would think you could do the same with your MAC. I can remove anything if needed by loosening the straps on the clamps.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:30 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
The iMac 24 inch is not one I would want to strap down. If it were a typical PC case I would have no problem just laying it down. When I take it I'll put in the original box and store it under the desk.

I guess I could bunge cord it face up to one of the recliners!!!

http://www.apple.com/imac/
Old 12-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #6
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
I just put my Laptop on top of the bed, never had it move.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:27 AM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I have no problem with transporting the laptop. I'll just put the iMac in the box it came in. If it can take the shipment by truck that way, it can take a nice smmmoooth Hanna ride.

Thanks.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:50 AM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Thanks ADMIN for putting this in the right thread!