Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2003, 04:45 PM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Electrical Circuits

It seems to me there are entirely too many outlets on the GFI circuit in our '03 3295RK. The same may be true for the other circuits, haven't checked yet.

The GFI circuit is 15amps. So far I've determined the outlets on this circuit includes the outlet by the computer desk, the outlet on the opposite side of that, on the rear cupboard wall, the outlet next to the range, the outlet in the outside refrigerator cabinet (and thus the fridge runs on this circuit, too?), the bathroom outlet, and the outlet on the opposite side of that bathroom wall, and the outlet on the kitchen peninsula. There may be more I haven't yet identified as on this circuit.

Items normally plugged into this circuit include a laptop computer and printer and other peripherals, coffee maker, toaster, refrigerator, hair dryer, and, this time of year, a 750/1500w electric heater. Needless to say, this does not work well. Most of the items we're plugging into these outlets can not be conveniently plugged in elsewhere.

Either this circuit needs to be split into multiple circuits or the wiring, outlets and breaker need to be upped to significantly higher amperage.

Please consider rethinking the wiring circuits. Also, can someone supply a wiring diagram showing which outlets and appliances are on which circuits? Otherwise I'm going to have to turn off one breaker at a time and figure it out for myself.

Thanks.

Steve and Vicki Reigle
'03 F350 SC SB SRW 6.0L PSD AT; '03 3295RK; fulltiming since March '03
http://geocities.com/stevereigle/

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote