Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2006, 07:03 PM   #1
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
Another Adventure

I guess that we are just like everyone else, the travel bug has bitten. We will be leaving Twin Falls, Id in the morning traveling to Fort Carson Co. then down to I-40 and across Tx,Ok, Ar,Tenn. then head to WVa. Hope to take about 10 days or so , longer if we decide to sightsee. The wife is excited to see granddaughters and wants to get there asap. We will discuss this as we go. Hope the weather holds for us and with that in mind we may need to change routes when we leave Fort Carson. We will be reading the forum when we have service on our Sprint phone and the internet from same.

paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:50 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Paul and Sue,
Sounds like a great trip across the center of America. Travel well and we look forward to reading about your journey across.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 09:46 PM   #3
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Paul,

You're heading across tornado alley, so I hope you have a weather radio with you. At least for most of the trip you'll be able to see what's developing. Have a safe trip.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:20 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Paul and Sue, safe travels. Where are you going in West Virginia? That sure is a beautiful state.

As for the tornados, a weather radio is always good but if you don't have one there will be plenty of news on tv and radio and they will have weather warning sirens. I lived 48 of my 59 years in tornado alley and never even saw one. I feel the same way about earthquakes those west coasters do about tornados! And vice-versa I'm sure.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:17 PM   #5
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
Steve, We will be in the Beckley area and Lewisburg. We have a scanner with the weather band on it, will use it when the time comes. We are in Colorado Sprinds for the next five nights visiting our son and his wife. They are stationed at Fort Carson. We are staying at Mountaindale CG. a real nice place. We will then decide which highway to take east. We like WVa., we like to say it is a nice place to be from. Too humid in the summer for me. I have gotten used to the Idaho weather.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:33 PM   #6
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Have a safe trip - we were in WVA last year and got turned around in Charleston what a zoo that was (I make a terrible navigator) but finally got on the right road heading to PA - it is beautiful. Enjoy the grandchildren.

We will be gone Easter weekend (without Monty) but back on Tuesday if your heading through Albuquerque just email us and will see if we can't met you.

Safe and happy travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:51 AM   #7
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
Lorraine, Thanks for the well wishes. Yes, I know what you mean about the zoo in Charleston.I think that when we leave Colorado Springs, Co. that we well head south to Raton Pass and by- pass Albuerque this trip. We do have relatives that live there as well, so we might change our minds. That is the nice thing about traveling with your cabin on wheels. If we do this I will try to e-mail you.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:38 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Paul and Sue, safe travels. Where are you going in West Virginia? That sure is a beautiful state.

As for the tornados, a weather radio is always good but if you don't have one there will be plenty of news on tv and radio and they will have weather warning sirens. I lived 48 of my 59 years in tornado alley and never even saw one. I feel the same way about earthquakes those west coasters do about tornados! And vice-versa I'm sure.
We are up here at the far end of Tornado alley , we get a lot of them here and we spent many a season in Oklahoma City. The May 1999 super Tornado nearly got us. You normally have good warning with a Tornado..not so with a earthquake. We have seen several Tornado's all in Oklahoma but that's another story..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:42 AM   #9
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
Underpasses on the highway are pretty neat things to get under if it comes to that. Especially if you can find a nice wide one, and are the first one in, you can get clear off the shoulder and be pretty well socked in. May not keep you from getting damage, but most likely your unit and TV will not go anywhere. Been in, around, and through several, but none from inside the monty or a TV.
I did find out this winter in south central Mo. that you can hurt yourself worse running for the hidey hole than you can just sitting out the storm in your house. As Rich said, that's another story.
Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote