Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2009, 03:58 AM   #1
bob
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6258
Southwest MI to Savannah GA

We are leaving southwest Michigan on Dec. 13th.for Savannah. Would like to avoid as much of the mountains as possible. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:10 AM   #2
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Bob, sorry for the long delay in responding but I just now saw your post. We usually leave WI and just take I-39 to I-55 and run that straight south to I-12(the bypass around New Orleans) then east to I-10. We run I-10 all the way east to I-95 and back north to Savannah. That route avoids ALL the mountains although it does add a few hundred miles to the trip but I really hate taking I-64 through Charleston WV and this route does that in spades. Almost any other route east of there will take you through some mountains eventually. Let me know where you plan on staying around Savannah, we can do lunch... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:26 AM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
bob, on further investigation I find that the other routes all range around 870 to 900 miles from the SW corner of MI. My route is about 1500. That is a substantial difference but I think if you take 65 through Indy all to Nashville. Then take I-24 to Chattanooga and take I-75 through Atlanta to Macon where you pickup I-16 straight into Savannah. This route comes out at about 960 miles and the mountains that you do travel through are not as "aggressive" as those on I-64 and I-81. Good luck and if there is a better route I bet there will be some else here to add input. Good luck... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote