Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2008, 04:32 AM   #1
Alex Sian
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7171
Send a message via AIM to Alex Sian
Verizon LG Dare: Fast Rev-A Phone

For those wondering if Verizon's LG Dare can take advantage of fastest Rev-A speeds, I can assure you it most certainly does!

Here's a speedtest using Verizon LG Dare tethered to my MacBook Pro, using VZaccess Manager:

Minutes later, same LG Dare operating attached to my Cradlepoint CTR350:

Keep in mind, your test results will vary based on type of cellular coverage, and signal to the tower.

I just happen to live nearby a very well fed Verizon Rev-A tower, and testing was done with excellent signal using a wireless repeater in my home/office testbench.

-- alex

Alex Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:59 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We just upgraded to the USB 727 air card and the CRB 1000 router via 3G store. I was due for a fre upgrade on my air card so went state of the art on the router and card. Will have to drive charter for @ 3 days to pay fot it.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:58 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The update to the USB 727, Rev A and the CRB 1000 is installed and in operation. Our all over performance has more than doubled in our area. We now get steady 1.2MH and sometimes more. Here in the house we are right on the edge of signal strength from the tower and have been using the wilson trucker antenna for improved signal and it work's very well however we will have to mount it permanently on the peak of the house (tri level) for a steady signal so we also purchased the indoor portable antenna booster for the usb 727 and it works just as well as the wilson.The portable can be attached to the truck windshield or anything else. We live in between to ancient ridges of Lake Erie..One about 1/4 miles North and the other about 3/4 mile south. Once we get out of this ancient lake bed the signal blows in by attaching the wilson to the peak of the house we will be high enough to get a strong signal from the tower. We are happy with the 727 performance and can now get rid of the DSL in the stick house.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:01 PM   #4
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Well rich in wis we have a antenna on top of the cottage which is a a frame style and the top of the aerial is 35' above that and still at times no signal as northern wis has very poor service,,i also have a booster on it ,, the antenna is a fiberglass whip about 2' long and as big as your thumb wilsom said the truckers ant which we use at times in the 5th wheel , but today we are not using any outside antennaand its great as we are near klamazoo mi on the way to goshen.. sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:46 PM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
See you in Goshen John...Look for us on Site 474..