Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2008, 08:46 AM   #21
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Exnavydiver

OH CRAP! it was working fine last night before I went to bed, now I am getting a DNS lookup error. I never had a problem with the old site, why now... Dave P.S. This appears to be the only site that I am getting the error on. Any suggestions would be appreciated..
I get the same error (server not found). Are you using Hughes Net too?

Flash: Just got on using my Air Card but not Hughes. I'll let you talk to the Camel Jockeys

bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:59 AM   #22
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Dennis,
I get the same error message when I try that. Received a second email from Escapees Admin this morning stating they will check into it. I bet I'm not the only one with this problem. Their new system is just not recognizing my user name. Which in return will not allow them to send a new pass word. JB
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:00 AM   #23
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Jolu, try entering SKP then your number, Mine is SKP094972 I tried just entering 94972 and got that message about them not recognizing my name. Big Murf, yes I am on Hughes and have no cell service where I live so that is all I have at the moment. And I am still getting the DNS lookup error. I called Escapees this morning but Mark was up to his ears in hurricane prep so I probably won't be able to talk to him till Monday. Escapees is shutting down phones and the office till Monday because of IKE... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:10 AM   #24
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
For those still having trouble logging on to Escapees..... the only suggestion I have left is to try entering your email address instead of your username. Apparently they have it set up to work with either. That would be the email address you have listed in your SKP Profile.

If that doesn't work then guess it's up to the SKP admins.

ON EDIT: I just copied this from the Escapees Forum.

I just spent some time talking another SKP thru an inability to reach the forum. They could navigate the web in general, get to the the Escapees hone page but not to www.rvnetwork.com. The problem started last night and persisted through this afternoon even after rebooting the pS>

Testing showed that the SKP couldn't do a DNS resolution on www.rvnetwork.com. What made this real interesting was there was a laptop and a desktop at the location not being able to do the DNS resolution.

Without going thrrough all the steps taken to resolve the problem, the solution was to perform a "ipconfig /flushdns". This is done in the CMD window (Dos Prompt Window).

Apparently the DNS caches got corrupted.

Good luck.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:15 AM   #25
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Iput my e-mail addy in and hit forgot password. I get an answer right away that told me to verifiy this. As soon as i did I got a password. Once I entered it I was on and was able to go in to my profile and change to what I wanted. You also have to put up a new avatar. Lots of cute ones to choose from. The only problem that I still see is the time of the posts. They don't jive with my clock at all but with the hurricane coming to that area I can wait to see how to correct this next week.

Helen

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:05 PM   #26
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
HOO YAH!!! Hamrad, you da man!!! that worked slick and I got logged in right away. Can't for the life of me figure out how that happened unless it was something to do with the shift from one site to the other..Dave
Old 09-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #27
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Success!! Finally got logged into Escapees. Tried all different combos and could not log in or get a new password. Noticed a banner at the top of the page for Firefox asking if I wanted to remember password. Hit that (yes) and then I was able to progress by entering my email address which then I was able to receive a new password. Rather lengthy process to follow, but it worked. The only difference from all the other times I tried was the remember password for Firefox. Thanks for all the help. JB
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:35 PM   #28
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Glad you folks got on! That's great news.

Helen you need to go to YOUR CONTROLS and set the Daylight Savings Time to manual and of course set the correct time zone for wherever you are. Mark posted about this on the new board.

Good luck.

Dennis
Old 09-11-2008, 03:51 PM   #29
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Thanks Dennis. Guess I missed that post.

Helen
Old 09-13-2008, 05:47 AM   #30
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Hamrad, con you get to the forum now? Mark said that they have backup service but if it is off for more than a few hours that the site will go down and I haven't been able to bring it up since late last night... Dave
Old 09-13-2008, 06:06 AM   #31
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Dave,

I cannot. I've been on about 3 or 4 times in the past couple of days. The system is definitely having some problems. In addition there is a little inclement weather thing called IKE!

I've tried using the 207.70.132.66 url..... got on one time and it was not a viable connection. Just got a little taste of the page being there. There is a partial OLD FORUM that is working. Just click on the old address. It should take you to a very limited form of the old system. But at least it is a way to leave messages.

I think it will be a few days before we see the thing settle down. I would not be surprised to learn that they are out of power. Almost 100% of customers are out of power right now. Guess we'll just have to suffer some withdrawal for a few days.

Too bad they had to make the changeover at the same time as a major hurricane!

ON EDIT: Here is the old address in case you deleted it. http://escapees.infopop.cc/eve

Good luck.

Dennis
Old 09-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #32
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Thanks Dennis, Mark did say that if there were power problems that they could only maintain for several hours with backups... Dave
Old 09-13-2008, 01:04 PM   #33
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We are all saying extra prayers for those at the CARE center. I'm sure they have back up generators but this looks like it could be quite a while before electricity is restored.

Helen
Old 09-13-2008, 01:47 PM   #34
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Knowing Joe Peterson, an old experienced journeyman electrician, they will be okay. I don't remember just how much backup power they have but I think they'll make it.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:48 AM   #35
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We just heard from our Escapee friends that are at the Gypsy Journal Rally in Celina that Rainbow's End got hurt really bad. They not only lost all electricity but also gas is out so they can't run the generators. Here is a quote from our friend Nick Russel's blog. " Rainbows End really got hit hard by Hurricane Ike. Many, many trees are down. Several houses with trees fallen on them. No electric, no phones and no gas in Polk County. This means no gas for generators. Our fellow SKPs need our prayers."

Helen