Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2008, 10:32 AM   #21
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Mike, Alex is right if you're going to be in areas with good signals, like along interstates or near cities. If you plan on getting back into county, state, or even some coe parks you may have a weak signal and need that booster. We added the booster after the fact. You may want to make a judgment call based on your travel plans. You can get the booster shipped overnight (for a higher fee, of course) if you need it quickly.

Alex, how much is that booster now. Seems to me it was not exactly cheap. OK, just checked Quicken. My total cost including tax, shipping, everything was 299.06 for the booster. That was on 8/11/07, purchased from 3gstore.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #22
Alex Sian
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7171
Send a message via AIM to Alex Sian
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle
Alex, how much is that booster now. Seems to me it was not exactly cheap. OK, just checked Quicken. My total cost including tax, shipping, everything was 299.06 for the booster. That was on 8/11/07, purchased from 3gstore.
its the same price as it was then. 289.95, but if mike gets it as part of his package with device and contract he gets 40 off... making it 249.95
Alex Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #23
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Alex was correct in the package he put together for me. As we discussed it, I informed him that boondocking was not my strong suit and I spent most of my time along major traffic routes or at least reasonably close and that my kids lived n metropolitan areas. Sounds like I can forgo the booster and see what happens. If the research my wife is doing on the phones/fax this could be the week I will order it. She has a graduation service she is finishing up the planning for that is this Friday. Not much spare time right now.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote