Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2008, 04:24 AM   #1
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I really need help

I have a Verizon UM150 air card and a cradlepoint CTR065 router and a Linksys compact Wireless-G USB Adapter and can't seem to get them to work together.

I put the wireless-g into my PC, and the Verizon air card into the cradlepoint router and can not get on the internet with that setup. I turned off the firewall in an attempt to connect but that did not do the trick either.

I am hoping one of you will have the answer as I am really challenged when it comes to these gadgets.

Thanks for the help.

DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:30 AM   #2
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
I am sure there are others who can give you more advanced help, but as a starting point, will the Verizon card work if you connect it directly to your computer?
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:10 AM   #3
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Yes, so far that is how I can get on the internet.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:11 AM   #4
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
PM evdoalex - he's our resident EXPERT EXTRAORDINAIRE !!
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:13 AM   #5
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
VanMan, thanks for the advise.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:00 AM   #6
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Doug, If your PC has wireless connection without the Wireless G USB, than all you need is to plug the UM150 into the CTR350 and set it up with the CD (that came with the CTR350. If your PC does not have internal wireless, you can still hook it up with the Ethernet cable between your PC LAN connection and the CTR350 (UM150 still goes in the CTR 350).

I have the CTR 350, UM150 and internal wireless on my laptop and Ethernet on my desktop, all working fine. Need anything else or have a question, send me a PM with phone # and I'll call.
Bob
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:39 PM   #7
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Probably a wireless security issue with the router. When I tried using WEP I had a hard time getting everything to talk to each other. I really do not recommend using OPEN Network other than for tests. I switched to WPA/Tkip and for authentication is by a easy to remember pass phrase. The router has to be set to provide IP addresses automatically. Your wireless G adapter has to be set to accept IP addresses automatically.
The key is to get the security right and the IP address is important.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:28 PM   #8
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quoteHenry Posted - Apr 07 2008 : 10:24:15 AM
I have a Verizon UM150 air card and a cradlepoint CTR065 router and a Linksys compact Wireless-G USB Adapter and can't seem to get them to work together.

I put the wireless-g into my PC, and the Verizon air card into the cradlepoint router and can not get on the internet with that setup. I turned off the firewall in an attempt to connect but that did not do the trick either.

I am hoping one of you will have the answer as I am really challenged when it comes to these gadgets.
Hi Doug, I have a Verizon PCMCIA Air Card and a Linksys WRT54G3G-ST Wireless router. I run 2 desktops, printer and satellite receiver on ethernet cables to the router. I have 2 laptops connected wirelessly(built-in Wi-Fi). One problem that I occasionally encounter is not being able to allow a visitor to connect to my network. On my setup, I go to Wireless - Wireless MAC Filter and click on Enable. Then I add the MAC Address (xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx[Numbers & Letters]) for that computer to allow it into the network. You can start by insuring that the MAC Filter is Disabled - this should allow your computer to connect wirelessly. Then if that works, you can go back, enter the MAC Address and then Enable the MAC Filter so that your network is secure and allow only the computers you designate. Hope that works for you. If not call EVDOAlex at 3G.

As a side note - go to NetStumbler.com and download Net Stumbler. It will show you any of the wireless Wi-Fi networks in your area(both secured & unsecured). Try using your USB Adapter to connect to a unsecured network in your area to see if it works.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote