Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #1
mfoss
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2923
Water dripping from the belly-----help!

I had been washing clothes and later noticed that water was dripping underneath the camper. It had some bubbles so pretty sure it's from the gray tank. We've checked the machine itself and everything is dry in that area. Is there a way to investigate from the basement or must we drop the heavy covering from the middle of the camper?? Before when the gray tank has been overfilled it has come up in the shower---that didn't happen this time. We immediately drained the gray and wonder how to try to find this leak. I have no idea where the placement of the tanks are. We made a couple of small holes in the bottom cover and put some buckets out to catch the water. The basement area is completely dry. We'll be on the road in a few days so I hope we can find a remedy---can get by without the washer but not the shower---they share the gray tank in our 3400RL. HELP! TIA

mfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Depending on the year of your 3400 I think some drained into the tank and some drained directly into the outlet pipe. I would think you need to drop some of the bottom pieces and with a strong flash light look and see if you can see what's going on. I think some one that has done this before will be along and help you out better. Maybe try to run the shower and see if you get more water leaking.

Good luck
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:37 PM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
My 3400Rl washer drains directly into the drain pipe, not the tank, you might check yours, could be just a leaky pipe. You can see the trap under the stairs by removing the return air grill at the bottom step, flashlight and mirror, good luck.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:46 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
If it drains directly to the dump pipe like ours, you can easily tell. The drain pipe from the washer closet to the dump pipe is below the rig (on ours, anyhow) and visible without moving anything.

Otherwise, you'll need to pull some screws out of the bellypan so you can peer inside to see where it's leaking.

If it's still in warranty I'd talk with the dealer to get him to check it out.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:18 AM   #5
mfoss
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2923

The year of our camper is 2005. Oz, we have no grill on the bottom step so ours must be an older model than yours. We should have opened the gray tank valve everytime I washed clothes (I hope the tank itself isn't cracked). I suppose a lot of pressure has been put on the tank when the overfill has come up in the shower. Steve, we do have extended warranty--not sure what exactly is covered. We'll have to take some screws off the under covering and take a look. Right now we're 2000 miles from our dealer. This is definitely a learning process for us! Thanks for the suggestions.
mfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:04 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We've had the tank back up into the shower several times and don't have a leak. You shouldn't either.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:47 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Even though our Splendede 2100 does not use much water and we do drain directly into the dump valve we still open the gray water valve when washing..You never know..we have not had a over flow as of yet.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote