Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
A Thank you to all our co-pilots

I have posted this before, so please bear with me, I just wanted to allow the new people on the forum to read it.

When traveling our highways and by-ways, a co-pilot is a must, the many complex city exchanges, merges, ramps, and approaches, (yes San Antonio, I am talking about you), are quite simply mind boggling.
Where would we be without our co-pilots?
When we need a coffee refill, need to know how many miles it is to the next bladder break, or would like a Fig Newton from that out-of-reach cookie package, we rely again on our co-pilots.
When making camp and maneuvering into our space, there they are, flashlight in hand, making sure we don’t back over another picnic table.
Close the end of our traveling day, she sits with the lap top, Trailer Life directory, Next Exit, Cell Phone and Wal*Mart Atlas, all balanced on her lap, deciding where we are to stay, how much the rates are, and if they have cable, and Wi Fi.
On long trips, our co-pilots keep us alert, listen to our stories they probably have heard many times, and calm us when we rant and rave about careless drivers, when we run into heavy traffic.
I dedicate this Homage to my sweet wife and co-pilot; Sue. I shall endeavor to be all that she thinks I am.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Amen to that!
Maybe the GPS will give them a break!
Bill

Old 02-07-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
rps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6052
My wife and I are a team when on the road -- we share driving and co-pilot responsibilities --

When we made the decision to buy our fifth wheel - we decided we both needed to drive -- sometimes I have to wrestle the wheel from her ..

IMHO - it's the safest way to Travel
rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:05 AM   #4
nunya
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6756
my co-pilot has been with me since 1968 and we have got off the porch and traveled the US and are still goin strong! We are in SC now, headin to Fla. then back to Co. to camp host at State Parks. YEAH.....I love it.
nunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:37 AM   #5
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
I have a DW, but DW is no Co Pilot.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #6
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Ozz,
You're our "cowboy poet" w/o the hat??!! Love it!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #7
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Aaaaah! How sweet, but really you should of waited till the 14th to post this.LOL!
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #8
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Ozz you are right. It would be hard without a co-pilot.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #9
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Dear Ozz, and you are a dear, you have just given your lovely, wonderful wife the best Valentine's Day present of all--a heartwarming, loving, and public acknowledgement of her worth to you. Bless your heart!

Sue, I have no doubt that you deserve every sentiment Ozz expressed. I hope that we can meet you guys one day soon!

Carolyn & Wayne
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:24 AM   #10
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Vickie is my co-pilot whenever we travel, with or without the trailer, and it makes traveling so much easier. We enjoy working as a team. I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks for the tribute, Ozz.
Maybe we need to chip in and buy Ozz a cowboy hat so he'll look the part of a cowboy poet.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:53 AM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks folks for the nice thoughts. I just put down on the computer what many are thinking about their spouses, I have met many of you nice people, I know the MOC members are special.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote