Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2018, 08:40 PM   #1
Kurto

M.O.C. #22372
Tv and sound system

My built in tv (Insignia) in my new 2018 Montana 3971FL is right by my built in sound system/dvd player (iRV Technologies). If I play the tv, how can I get the sound through the sound system? You would think it would be pre-wired from the factory since you cannot get to anything. How do you pull the sound system out? How do you plug anything in? The back is covered up and you cannot get to anything with the tv there. Please help.

Kurto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:23 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Mine is a 2017, but The left and right side of the sound system can be carefully pried off and holes for three screws will be exposed. Mine only had the two middle screws used. Took the screws out and the whole thing comes out. Mine had old style sound plugs that went to the sound bar. The sound bar was just velcroed in.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:05 AM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Not familiar with your TV or sound system. Or how to get it out. But there are two ways to get the TV sound thru a sound system.

If the TV has audio output connections and the sound system has audio (or maybe labeled aux) input connections, you can connect the two using an audio cable.

If the TV has an HDMI ARC connection and the sound system also has an HDMI ARC connection, you can get sound to the sound system using an HDMI cable.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:46 PM   #4
MidMOTraveler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20688
On the receiver there is a “mode” button
Go to TV Audio
You may need to pull sound bar out and turn on as said Velcro mounted.
Now the zone buttons 1,2,3 will be a mystery. 2 of them do inside and outside speakers. Whichever one is left is the sound bar. Use sound bar remote and find which source button turns it on.
Takes some trial and error.
Hope this helps.
2017 F450 DRW KR 4x4
MidMOTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote