Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Northeast Region
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2012, 03:53 AM   #1
TYR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9976
3rd Thing - Limb Fell on A/C This Morning

Still here at Old Mill Stream, this morning we were awakened by a loud crash.

Bolted outside and Dave went up on roof. Quite large tree limb on ground.

Limb had snapped off tree and smashed hole in our front A/C shroud.

Took it off. A/C unit itself appears ok. Duct taped the shroud and got it back on.

Will either repair or replace but will think about that once we are back on site in NJ. Should be good for now to take on the road when we leave Friday.

Park security is supposed to come make a report about the incident. I took photos immediately.

I'm sorry, but if it were us managing the park, we'd at least comp a night or two if someone's rig was damaged by my trees. I got a hug.

We're grateful that it so far appears to be cosmetic damage. Could have been a lot worse.

TYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:17 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Does seem a little cold to just offer a hug, but then again some places you might not even get that.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:21 AM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I would try to get something from them for your damage. I just helped a friend put a new cover on his front AC (due to driving under a low tree limb.) That piece of plastic cost him about $135 he said.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Oh geez.. So sorry to hear about your trouble. The cg is in so high demand as it is the nicest in the area so they do not need or offer any discounts etc. Agree if they did you would have thought more highly of them. Sometimes things like that go a long way.

Ours is still there in the field on the right as you go in. Could you do a ride by and see if it's ok? No branches dropped? Did you get bad weather or was it just a freak thing? We feel like we have left a member of the family there. We will be up there next week with the grandkids and will pick it back up.

Good news is the air conditioner is in working order and no one was hurt. Still a bummer when the cost is to little for insurance so the repair is out of pocket.

Have a safe trip home!

Thanks Bill & Cindy Daniels
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:25 AM   #5
TYR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9976
Bill and Cindy,

Ah, so the mystery of the Big Sky in the field is solved! That one is yours! We noticed it

We haven't walked up to it, just driven by, but it looks fine and dandy. Not being parked directly under trees, you'll be fine. We didn't even have that much wind, it was just a rotted limb that nailed us.

BTW, two Montanas pulled in here yesterday. They are a family group of two Montys and two other bumper pulls.

I told 'em they were a wee late for the rally.

Cheers,
Betty
Old 06-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #6
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Thanks so much! They can have some wicked storms. We questioned if we should leave it up there or not but for $2.00 a day we can not pull it home and back up in 10 days for $20.00. Taking the grandkids to Dutch Wonderland. However we have been going nuts because every time we want something we have left it in the RV. It was a lot of work packing up to come home. Our back seat of our truck was filled with clothes, coolers, etc. We RV people tend to forget how easy it is to pack and unpack until you go a different way....

To bad the Montana Rv's where not a week early. We all would have loved to have had them join us.

Have a safe trip home and again thanks for checking on the Montana for us.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:31 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Most if not all C.G's will not pay for "Act of God" damage. It may even be in the small print of the C,G contract. Your Insurance will cover the damage less the deductable.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
TYR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9976
As an update to this, we're awaiting word from Dutch Wonderland (which owns Old Mill Stream) on the damage report we filed.

Our insurance deductible is more than the amount of the damage, so no-go there.

Thanks for everyone's comments. I'll let you know what happens.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #9
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Hope all turns out for your repairs. We will be back there Thursday to welcome the 95-100 heat wave. LOL! At least it's shaded but we will look closely for rotting branches. It can happen anywhere in reality but a bummer when it happens.