Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > House Keeping
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2008, 04:55 AM   #1
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Window Cleaning

Hi Gals!
Awhile back there was something about cleaning tips
& I think it might have even been my post. One of
the things was, when washing windows, wipe horizontal
on one side & vertical on the other. That way if
there are any streaks, you'll know which side it's
on. I tried this theory out the other day & it really
works good! Another thing, is like most everything
these days, there are way too many choices of stuff.
Windex for example: the one that doesn't drip, etc...
Last time I was confused at the store of which one to
get, so I just got the plain old original Windex. I
don't think I'll buy any other kind again. It worked
so well! I wish they would quit trying to "improve"
great products.

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:33 PM   #2
Rocky2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2840
Ditto - they are constantly updating so many things when the original is better.
I have used Ivory dish soap for years and they have changed it several times. I wish they would bring back the original.
It is the only dish soap that doesn't give me a rash.

Laura
Rocky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #3
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Speaking of cleaning windows, we have the dual pane. I have been unable to get the screens out, so there is a 2 inch strip down the one window that remains dirty!!! Any hints on getting the screens out without bending them in half? There is no give in pushing them down or up to pop them out.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:20 AM   #4
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Imp

Speaking of cleaning windows, we have the dual pane. I have been unable to get the screens out, so there is a 2 inch strip down the one window that remains dirty!!! Any hints on getting the screens out without bending them in half? There is no give in pushing them down or up to pop them out.
Me too! Sure hoping someone has an answer. Thanx Myrna for bringing this up. I've wondered for too long (five years) & kept forgetting to ever post here to ask.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:11 AM   #5
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Screens can also be cleaned without removal with "tack cloth" that can be purchased in the paint department (Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.). It is "tacky" (sticky) and removes dust and dirt my simply wiping. It is used to remove dust in painting, furniture fefinishing, antiqueing & decoupage, etc.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:34 AM   #6
dandt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7142
When we purchased our rig the windows were pretty water spotted. Bought a two-part system for window cleaning where you first clean them with a polishing compound then you seal them with a silicone sealer. Takes a lot of time , but now i just wipe them with a water-damp microfiber cloth then a dry one and they are perfect.
dandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:00 AM   #7
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Has anyone tried these new towel wipe window cleaners. They are similar to the eye glass cleaner rag they eye doctor gives me with my glasses. If they work as well as the eye glass wipes I am going to purchase some of them. I just noticed them at Lowes yesterday.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:24 AM   #8
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
My wife uses the windex brand of glass cleaning towels on our house mirrors. She does like them but for some reason,they get hard to find.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:12 AM   #9
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
I checked with Cheryl (with a "C") about the window cleaning thing and her (humorous) response was "I don't do windows"... but my question is "Cheryl ... with a "C"... how come your windows always look so clean if you don't do windows???" "I dunno". Her suggestion was to "CALL KEYSTONE!" So, unless someone has a solution to this dilemma... maybe a call to the Service Center would provide a solution. Those folks really know how things work in all the units.
Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote