Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HOBBY CENTRAL > Arts & Crafts
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2006, 07:46 AM   #1
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
What kind of craft projects do you take??

What kinds of craft projects are you gals (and guys) taking on the road with you? What kind of equipment/tools does your craft of choice require? Which of those tools do you carry in Montana (or in your TV)? Do you take more than one type of craft with you??

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 08:00 AM   #2
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
So far I've only been brave enough to take my x-stitch. I have a crafter's tote that I put on a little luggage cart and that holds everything I need, plus is easy to move around.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 08:51 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I'm a craft junkie. Now you know all my secrets. I have sewing for the grandgirls, quilting fabric (more than I need to tell about, my acrylic paints, needle point project (that I've never worked on), and even some beads to make Christmas decorations. I need to weed them out when I get home. Or stop playing on this computer!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:03 AM   #4
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Ok, I'll fess up to what is currently loaded. Crochet stuff to make small blankets for yorkie rescue. Cross stitch for making inserts for coffee cups and for making bookmarkers. Finished the pillow case doll, which was old fashioned stamped embroidery and sewing. Have the sewing machine on board. Have doll clothes and material for dresses to match for the twins (that means, I make 2 of each, gulp). and the Xmas stockings (made with craft felt, beads, sequins and embroidery). (Won't even try to list the research stuff, which is really not a craft, or, is it?? HA HA) I think that is all.

And, I did not get as much done as I might have, but shoot, had too much fun in the Valley! HA HA HA
Old 04-16-2006, 12:55 PM   #5
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Let me see where do I begin, all my yarn for afgans,thread for doilies,sewing machine to make most anything I have time to do. I just got in to beads and having fun with them,I would like to make one of the flower pot lamps with the holes drilled in it and put the colored beads on it but have not found out how to do that yet. Does anyone know how to do that?? and will share with me?

I like to make sets of 2 potholders,1 dish rag,1 dish soap bottle dress.

Hey! Is cooking a hobbie? then that is my favorite, I love searching for recipes and trying them out on Walt.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 01:08 PM   #6
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Linda,

Thread for doilies? Are you crocheting them, with that small needle??? Like for tables and such. Or did I misunderstand??
Old 04-16-2006, 01:54 PM   #7
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
Like Judy, I have to have several things going at once. Reading is terrific, then reading bout crafts, then cross stitch, then needlepoint, then quilting, mostly crazy with embroidery and beading, maybe garment or two, then of course there are the watercolor paints, oh yeah, and more cross stitch and more fabric...Steve just shakes his head. At least I got to bring the new sewing machine. My fabric stash is stored in two plastic bins, the cross stitch in the back upper cupboards and under the table....oh well, I'm sure I will never run out of things to do! Thank goodness for fulltiming and travel! Next time we Monties get together we will leave the dominos for a few hours and look for good craft shops!
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 03:35 PM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Excellent idea, Kim. We visited a quilt shop in Minden NV at the rally last fall. We had a Girls Day Out. Such fun.

I have two sewing machines and way too much fabric along. I'm going to have to reorganize as we are seriously considering fulltiming and I'm sure there are other things we'll need to pack. Just so I have access to it when we do go home for seasonal changes and family visits.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:38 PM   #9
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
You should see Judy's craft cabinet...I am envious. Not sure where I would put it though. Currently my stash is behind my recliner and any cupboard that has room. Knitting and cross stitch for me. Never did learn to crochet..my mother in law tried to teach me and gave up. (Tension too tight). It would be fun to share at a rally what tricks we have learned for travel..
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:18 PM   #10
mjflora
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5556
Yarn for crochet and my ebroidery/sewing machine. And my computer with the programs so that I can digitize my designs for the embroidery machine. I'm going to be trying to turn this into an internet business so that I can work a bit while on the road!

Mary
mjflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:34 AM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
That's an excellent idea, Mary. Personalizing items is very popular these days.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:38 AM   #12
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountryGuy

Linda,

Thread for doilies? Are you crocheting them, with that small needle??? Like for tables and such. Or did I misunderstand??
Carol, That is what I mean although it has been getting a little harder to see the stitches lately.LOL
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:47 AM   #13
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
Personalizing is such a neat thing on your machine. Terri Ames made a MOC logo with mountians and a stream and the words Great Lakes Rally and then embroidered them on shirts for us last time we met in Indiana at Pla-Mor. They are awesome!
Old 05-08-2006, 04:15 PM   #14
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
I almost always have a cross stitch project in the Monty. In the past I have often been the only lady in our campground so I didn't have any one to talk to(since I have no interest in technical towing and camper maintainence stuff or talking about fishing 24/7.) And the TV at our camp only gets 2 channels.( I really gotta get Ken to get me a dish).However this year there is a campground host family there so at least one other woman to talk to, and BOY!was she ever happy to see me.
I used to have my old Kenmore sewing machine in the camper but I found I rarely used it so I took it out. I'm considering putting one of those new little mini machines in there just for emergency repairs.
We also installed XM satellite radio in the camper and we are really loving that. I can listen to my easy listening channels.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:35 PM   #15
Jim and Marcia
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2227
My passion is scrapbooking. I carry ALL my "stuff" in a large, wheeled piece of luggage. Jim puts it in the storage space for me, (it's so heavy, I can't lift it) Anyway, it provides me with hours of fun and relaxation. It will be especially welcome when we are in Mission this coming winter. Does anyone else do scrapbooking?
Jim and Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:55 PM   #16
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
Marcia, I hope I get to see you in the Valley this winter, we are going for the first time. I'd love to see your pages. Maybe I need another thing to do.....although beeding may be my next new thing in line..love the sparkles..
Old 05-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #17
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
Hi Carol.....I actually took a class on making beaded bracelets in Casa Grande, Az. First one to get done and first one out the door. I of course am a guy. I thought that Al would really love this hobby and of course this is a great hobby for those who love it. We do miss you guys and give hugs to the yorks for us...(Les)... and Sue
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountryGuy

What kinds of craft projects are you gals (and guys) taking on the road with you? What kind of equipment/tools does your chraft of choice require? Which of those tools do you carry in Montana (or in your TV)? Do you take more than one type of craft with you??
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:28 PM   #18
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Is it ok to include carvers, woodworkers, sculpters, painters, luthiers, jewelers, photographers, etc.?

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:03 PM   #19
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Victoria takes along a big craft box as well as paints and canvases. Unfortunately, when we get to fish camp she feels like the local day care lady but just cannot resist the kids in camp. I love her patience but have to rescue her from time to time.

For my part, I take along a sketch book and plan out all the projects I plan to do when we get back to AZ in the fall. Right now, I have an electro/hydraulic tractor half built and a new airplane that will be under construction in the fall. I plan to use the summer to get a head start on the airplanes's cockpit layout and project documentation. It will be a great time to learn a new CAD program on the mac.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:59 AM   #20
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Skip, All listed in your post are fine and are of course a craft!! Firmly believe that RVer's are a creative bunch!

Dave, WOW, building your own plane, I just bet there is a TON of paper work to file on that! Post photos!! even half built planes deserve a photo!

Les, First out of the beading class! Way to go! Hugs back to the yorks in your rig!

Marcia, I stand in awe of scrapbookers, I would love to see your work!!

And, the rest of you!! Like I said, we are a creative bunch! I have enjoyed reading this thread, and look forward to the future posts.