Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > THE TRADING POST A MOC MARKET PLACE > Trailers, Tow Vehicles & RV related items for Sale
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2005, 08:59 AM   #1
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Apollo 1/2 Time Oven for sale

I took the unused Apollo oven out of my 2005 3400 to save weight and power and replaced it with a Panasonic Inverter microwave.

The Apollo, mounting base, auxiliary fan and cooling duct, glass and metal trays...basically everything except the front frame...$150 plus exact cost of shipping (shipping weight is about 55 pounds).

The height and width (12" x 20.6") is a pretty much standard size for 1 cu ft microwaves, but the depth (20.5") is a little more. It should fit an existing installation, though. The front frame should be available from Apollo.

PM or e-mail me at firetrucker@charter.net

Bob

firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:54 PM   #2
ronnilu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3933
Firetrucker - I don't need another Apollo microwave, but have seen reference the the same Panosonic Inverter microwave you installed. Question - where is it available, approximate cost, and was there a size difference or other difficulty in making the switch? I had problems with my last inverter not being able to operate the Apollo and would like to know about this alternative. Any info appreciated. Thanks, Mike S.
ronnilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 06:25 AM   #3
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Mike,

I searched on the Web and found the best price, including shipping, at ABT Electronics. It was about $130.

The heighth and width of the 1.2 cu ft Panasonic that we got, model NN-T695SF, is virtually the same as the Apollo, and the depth is only about 16". I did have to make a new base, since the feet are not quite the same pattern. I used plywood cut in 2" wide lengths to get it to the right height, 1 3/4" I think, and 1/4" masonite on top of that, with holes to fit the foot pattern so it wouldn't slide around. When the door opens, it uses a little more room, so I moved it to the right side of the front frame, and it works just fine. And the stainless face with black accents fits right in with the color scheme.

The neat thing about the Panasonic is that it adjusts the power level by controlling the voltage to the microwave tube. Instead of coming on at full power and cycling on and off at different intervals (my generator would almost choke every time I used the microwave), it stays on continuously, but with lower power use. If I'm concerned about how much power I'm drawing, I just use a lower power setting on the microwave and cook it longer. I think it cooks better than when being shot with high power, even for short intervals, too.
Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote