Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2010, 06:49 AM   #1
klash
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9399
Camp Rules With Regard to Dogs

Some years back we stayed at a Coast to Coast campground in Pigeon Forge, TN. The site plan had the campground rules on the back. About half of the rules were regarding dogs. The main rule there was that if you left a dog left unattended in your rig, you would be asked to leave. If you came back again you would have to post a $50 deposit. If you violated a
dog rule, you would be asked to leave, and forfeit your deposit.
Three years ago we were camping in a Western Horizons park in Ramona, CA. Every morning
for 2 weeks we would sit at breakfast and watch this guy take his big dog, over by a rustic
fence in the trees and above a creek. As soon as his dog "assumed the position" to do it's business he turned his back and seemed to be a bird watcher, checking the trees around him. Rover finished his business, and off he went. So I guess the rule here would be I
didn't see the dog do anything, so what is there to clean up.
We stayed in Sundance One RV Park in Casa Grande, AZ and they had a dog zone, and then another area for non pets. Too bad that this has to happen, what will be next;
motor homes in one area, trailers in another, young people in one area, old people in another.
And one more for the road. Many years ago we were camped in Amarillo, TX. Small class C came in alongside of us. They had 3 big "poop machines". the owners left and went out in their towed. We suffered through 4 hours of non stop barking, howling and baying. I spoke to the owners when they came back and politely informed him of the noise. I felt that maybe he didn't know what his animals did. I said they made our stay very unpleasant. He looked at me with a smirk on his face and said; "well they didn't bother me", then told me to go forth and multiply, and went into his unit and slammed the door.
Thank goodness we were only there one night.

klash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:08 AM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Lots of folks don't realize their dogs bark while the owners are gone. I had a neighbor that complained about everyone's dog, and never realized his dog would raise cane every time anyone nearby ventured outside. We pulled our slides in one night, and spent the night at the hotel where DW works. (were preparing for an early departure) Sure enough, the pup howled most of the night. For some reason, he didn't like the slides being in. The neighbor was quick to advise me about it too. I just smiled at him. He moved recently, but I never once mentioned how his dog barked when he was gone. I had learned to just tune her out.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:15 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
And that is why most of the rules are in regard to dogs...Irresponsible humans.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
"And that is why most of the rules are in regard to dogs.." Rich the parks that we visit have rules but usually there are only one or two that apply to pets..... usually dogs.

Don,
Yes. There are some folks who are totally irresponsible dog owners. For the most part the dog owners we run into respect the rules. I guess it just depends on what one is "looking" for. I expect to see pet owners do what they are supposed to do so that is what I see most of the time. Guess we just have different experiences.
Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote