Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Medic
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2006, 06:29 PM   #1
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Good Sam EA+ service?

I am curious, does anyone have this coverage from Good Sam? Pros and Cons?

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:56 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Have it but thankfully haven't had to use it.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:23 AM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
We have the Emergency Assistance, does not say plus. But that is the one on the web site. Some say you can be insurance poor. But, like the Road service, this is one benefit we don't feel comfy heading out without. After the experience of someone we know last winter, where the hubby got very sick and they were 2300 miles from home, some of you remember that sad saga, well, we were sure glad this is something we have. There are probably some other services, one we know of which gets FAB reviews is many times the expense of the Good Sam EA.

Sadly we all need to be prepared for the unexpected, sorta like the Boy Scouts. Ladies, you need to be able to drive the units, in case hubby gets a bad case of food poisoning (ask me how I know ). You need to have a plan in affect that will get you home or to the hospital of choice, in case something awful happens. Part of our plan is the EA.

Like Glenn, we have not had to use it and hope we never do, hope we spend the coin and never use the benefits, but for us, it is a matter of peace of mind, knowing that we have a plan in place, just in case.

We know other MOC members that have a family member that can come assist, that is a nice option, eh??
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:48 PM   #4
sheiba1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5291
Bought it first time this year hope to never have to use it.
sheiba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:00 AM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I agree, Sheiba 1. I will be picking this coverage up just before we leave the state Sept 14th. I don't know if Foremost - our RV Fter ins and ERS also carries anything like this coverage. I don't think they do, but I'll check.

Old 08-18-2006, 07:09 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
After reading this thread I'm sure glad I have 2 son-in-laws that know how to tow. That is my backup plan for now. So guess I'd better stay in good with them, huh?
Happy trails..........................

Sue and Ed Rowe
Hemet California

2005 3400RL
2006 GMC 3500 Dually, D/A, Crew Cab, Long Bed
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:43 PM   #7
sheiba1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5291
I also am a life member of goodsam club and have the ERS program, that one I needed too use twice once in Colorado blown transmission after a wonderful antelope hunt in Wyoming. once in Arizona coming home from Disneyland with Grandkids in truck left rear tire on 5er blew out, both times it took less than 45 mins for a human to appear and help Love the ERS.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:01 PM   #8
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Just wanted to clarify. The ERS is different from the EA+ program. I already have an ERS program. This EA+ is strictly for medical emergencies and medical transport back to your "home" hospital if needed. I believe they also tow your rig back home. Can't remember all the details/benefits right now. Been too long since I read through the EA+ info. I will look again tomorrow (later today).

Old 08-19-2006, 06:51 AM   #9
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
Dave, we have had Skymed for the first couple of years we traveled and I just switched to the EA+ you are talking about. Skymed was way more expensive for almost the same features. I needed it to feel safe traveling - just in case.

Kim - Dog Mom to the Golden Retriever girls - Copper and Penny. Full-timing since September 1, 2004 with hubby Steve (Gyro) in a 2005 Model 3475 with a Ford F350 duelly truck. Life is good!

Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 08:28 AM   #10
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
8/18/06 at approx 1200 hrs. I was driving on the I-5 Southbound in the City of Commerce, Calif. 90022. and had a blow out on the passenger side front tire, I called the roadside assistance number provided on the card and received a quick response from GS and they contacted City Tow Service, I believe that was there name, and they responded very quickly to. BUT the problem was with the service truck that they sent to fix the flat tire (swap with spare), the hydraulic floor jack (Pep Boys Specal) that the company provided the worker was unsafe to use, and under powered to lift my truck safely. the man did not even have a handle to operate the jack he had to use a ratchet handle and stand on it to depress the pump to elevate the tire, OH and one of the wheels kept falling off because there was no bolt to hold it on to the jacks body. I know that the worker did his best to get me going to my destination as quickly as possible and he did just that.
To add more information the tow company did ask if I had a large truck and wanted to know if I had a dual wheel truck I said yes but it was the front tire and the need for a larger tow truck would seem like overkill for just that.
I think that in the future it should be mandatory that a large tow truck be dispatched for trucks from F-250 and larger. or at least a smaller service truck with a air compressor pump and a jack with a capasity of 3 tons or more.

GS was Jonny on the spot, All though it was the contract vendor that needed help.

Other than that I was on the road in 1 hours time. Will I renew YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT.

Don, Georgia and Smokey.
AKA: Trailer Trash 2
FORD F-350 Turbo Diesel, Clydesdale, Banks Stinger, Prodigy Controler,
Pullin a Super Fine 2004 / 2980-RL

[img] http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/bigwx_cond/language/www/US/CA/Santa_Fe_Springs.gif" border=0
alt="Click for Santa Fe Springs, California Forecast" height=60 width=468[/img]

Trailer Trash 2's link
Trailer Trash 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:25 PM   #11
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Don, do you have GS EA+ insurance along with your GS ERS?

Old 08-19-2006, 07:53 PM   #12
sheiba1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5291
Just wanted to clarify. The ERS is different from the EA+ program. I already have an ERS program. This EA+ is strictly for medical emergencies and medical transport back to your "home" hospital if needed. I believe they also tow your rig back home. Can't remember all the details/benefits right now. Been too long since I read through the EA+ info. I will look again tomorrow (later today).

Yes I know that just wanted you to know that I had very good service with ERS, and if I ever needed to use the EA+ I would expect that I would receive the same high standard that I received from GS ERS.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:23 AM   #13
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Sheiba1. I had the feeling that several people were mistakenly thinking I was talking about an ERS program here. Just trying to clarify that was not what I meant. We are hitting the road Sept 14, then slowly (a week at a time) drifting out of the state, ending up in NC by the 1st of Oct (+ or -) and FL by Nov sometime. We will pick up the EA+ coverage before we "drift" too far away from our "regular" doctors/hospital this fall.

Old 08-20-2006, 09:47 AM   #14
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Drifting sounds really good to me! Sure do look forward to the day when we can drift out of our area. Now we are always on a mad dash to get there, relax and then a mad dash home so we can go to work. Sure hope you continue to enjoy drifting. Keep us all posted on your adventures.

AL and Nita
2003 Chevy Dually
2005 3670RL
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:51 PM   #15
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Don, do you have GS EA+ insurance along with your GS ERS?

2002 GMC 2500HD
4x4, Ext Cab, LB, SLE
2007 3400RL
Venetian Gold Interior
WE'RE HOME!

*** Don't EVER give up on your Dream. ***[/center]
Gee, I dont know It's GS emergancy road service, Whats the + for.

Well I just found out from another post.

The ERS is different from the EA+ program. I already have an ERS program. This EA+ is strictly for medical emergencies and medical transport back to your "home" hospital if needed. I believe they also tow your rig back home. Can't remember all the details/benefits right now. Been too long since I read through the EA+ info. I will look again tomorrow (later today).

Don, Georgia and Smokey.
AKA: Trailer Trash 2
FORD F-350 Turbo Diesel, Clydesdale, Banks Stinger, Prodigy Controler,
Pullin a Super Fine 2004 / 2980-RL

[img] http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/bigwx_cond/language/www/US/CA/Santa_Fe_Springs.gif" border=0
alt="Click for Santa Fe Springs, California Forecast" height=60 width=468[/img]

Trailer Trash 2's link
Trailer Trash 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 04:50 PM   #16
sheiba1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5291
[quote]Originally posted by dsprik

Thanks, Sheiba1. I had the feeling that several people were mistakenly thinking I was talking about an ERS program here. Just trying to clarify that was not what I meant. We are hitting the road Sept 14, then slowly (a week at a time) drifting out of the state, ending up in NC by the 1st of Oct (+ or -) and FL by Nov sometime. We will pick up the EA+ coverage before we "drift" too far away from our "regular" doctors/hospital this fall.

Have a great time boy I sure wish I could go on an adventure like yours (the work gods keep holding me back) couple more years. Keep us informed on your trip! hope you are just wasting your money on the EA+ stay healthy and safe.