Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2006, 08:56 AM   #21
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Thanks for the pics Vicki. We really had a room full of MOCer's, old friends and new . Remind me to stay out of close range when you have your camera Enjoyed the afternoon.
Mary

Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:57 AM   #22
montanagal
Established Member

M.O.C. #3266
What a great day. This was our first MOC Meeting thank to our friend the DIAMONDS.

The MOC site is wonderful and very informative, but to meet all of you on a personal basis is something special.

We were very impressed and had a wonderful time. Keep up the good work Vicki.

montanagal
montanagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 02:42 PM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Well spoken, OntMont! It occurred to me that once you meet folks from the forum, then reading their posts on the forum is no longer impersonal. It's like reading a letter from a friend.

We very much enjoyed the camraderie of this particular get together and enjoyed meeting those we've not met before and renewing acquaintances with the others. The smiles in the pictures, I believe, were genuine.

For those of you up there in snow country, I don't mean to rub it in (well, maybe a little) but did you notice in the pictures all the short sleeves and shorts? I know, ten demerits for me.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:07 PM   #24
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Steve - How Cruel! It's 25 degrees now and snow in the forecast for the next 3 days !!! (Just jealousy on my part - lol)
5 years, 2 months, 1 week and 6 days till fulltiming, but who's counting?
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 04:12 PM   #25
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
VICKI - GREAT PICTURES - CAROL AND MARY GREAT GATHERING.. Christa and I really enjoyed meeting everyone - a great group of representatives for MONTANA - and great friends to have.
Looking forward to many many more get togeathers with all of you.

GOD BLESS and stay safe on the road, until we meet again.

John and Christa (aka Hemlockusa)
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 05:04 PM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Larry, would it help if I told you we were all shivering in those short sleeves and shorts? Nah, I didn't think so.

We really enjoyed meeting everyone. It was a very enjoyable gathering. I'd like to have had more time to chat with you all though.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 03:35 AM   #27
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Here are a few more photos of our gathering in McAllen on Thursday:

http://dwilliamson.com/MOC/Page.html

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 03:45 AM   #28
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Great photos Dave!! Thanks for posting them! You still here in the Valley?? that weather up towards your home did not look tooooo good!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 04:06 AM   #29
jpbcny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4571
I know I would certainly like to be in the RGV, yesterday's storm in the Central New York area, did major wind damage, killed several people (trees falling on vehicles) Had steady 40-50 MPH wind, with gusts to 70-80 MPH for about an 8 Hr period, knocked out the power, and then last night we had over a foot of lake effect snow (and its still snowing), air temp is 9 degrees, with a much colder wind chill. My stick house had the aluminum siding completely blown off the upper south side of the house, because the siding was coming off, and flying around the neighborhood (one piece hit my TV, and left a 5 inch gash in the door), I got a ladder, and climbed onto a side roof to try, and remove the remaining siding that was flapping in the wind, of course I was alone at the time, and as soon as I got on the roof a gust blew the ladder down, I tried to use my cell phone to call a neighbor, but of course the power was out, and the phones weren't working. After about a 1/2 hr up there (in the wind, and heavy snow)a neighbor kid came out of his house, and he put the ladder back up. On the bright side, my Honda EU2000i performed flawlesly (with the transfer switch I installed), and I was able to have heat, and keep the refrigerator going. The cable, and internet have still not been restored, I'm sending this from work as the power got restored there yesterday afternoon.

I've had enough
JP
jpbcny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:21 AM   #30
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
JP, you surely need a break from that nonsense, UGH
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 06:30 AM   #31
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Yes, to all our friends here in the Valley, we are still here. We decided to stay over until Monday morning because of the weather reports. A strong possibility of ice is predicted for our little corner of Texas; better to stay here in the Valley.

Our cell phone is 903 736 0460 if anyone needs to contact us. My internet connection is only a few times a day.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 07:27 AM   #32
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Great pictures, Vicki! Do that some more. I enjoyed seeing a few of those familiar faces. A lot of pleasent memories popped up!

You can bet Gail and I will join you folks down there some day!
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote