Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #21
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
Good you got moved before some snow storm gets there. Congrats on your new house

jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:27 AM   #22
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Merry Christmas, everyone!! I pray that everybody is doing well?! I am also praying that Susan Phillips (from another thread) is doing much better and going to come out OK. According to the will of the Good Lord, whatever that may be.

We are in our new house! It has been such a whirlwind this last week. A week ago today, I was bring boxes of "stuff" over to the new house when at about mid day, my phone rings. It is the guy from the moving company. He asked if they could move us the next day, on Tuesday because their schedule had a drastic change. Of course, I said that we can make that work!! Thank God, we did it Tuesday because, on Friday when the move was suppose to take place, it was blowing and snowing. Not a good day to have doors standing open to move things out and things in! I believe that was a sign that the Good Lord was watching over us, again. As I get older, it gets easier to recognize when these signs occure.

So, yesterday, Gail and I are preparing for our first family gathering that will be later this afternoon and tomorrow. What a great way to open our home, especially at Christmas!

But, here is the kicker. Everybody that comes tonight and tomorrow will be required to carry one box each day from the garage to the basement. The poor blokes just don't know it yet! That will sure make my life simple and take a huge load off me! LOL!!

Best wishes to all of you and, your families. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Keep the greasy side of those rigs down and, travel safe where ever you go!
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #23
tbhd2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5709
Down into the basement, nooooo problem. Ha Ha. Merry Christmas to you and Gale. Oh and Baxter too.
tbhd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #24
RJI47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6002
Send a message via AIM to RJI47 Send a message via Yahoo to RJI47
Congrats on your new house. There is nothing like retirement to keep you busy. Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year.
RJI47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:44 AM   #25
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Good Day, Everyone! Been awhile since I've posted anything on this thread.

Life has absolutely been GREAT in this huge ranch style house! Getting pretty much settled. Still have a few things to put away and organize. Like, the garage for example. Have storeage cabinets and racks to move around where I want 'em and then to empty out totes and boxes to get the third and one half bay cleaned and organized. We have a 3 bay garage but the last bay is one and a half times as long as the other two. Great for lawn equipment storeage. Gotta' get this garage thing done soon because, it will be camping season and starting the vegie garden planting. Then, wife retires and we want to take a summer trip! For the last 2 or 3 years, we have been wanting to go to Door County, WI. Just never had the time. The other day, she said something about getting there this summer. So, guess I'd better start some planning and making reservations!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:36 AM   #26
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Dale, glad you are settling in and good luck. This campground at Door is excellent.

It is a great recommendation from us. It's family owned and great hosts. Close to many places you can enjoy. You might even see our Montana in the Gallery pictures. We stayed their 2 years ago with about 8 other Montana folks.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #27
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Dennis and Judy, this is exactly the one I've been looking at. I think it was Steve E that mentioned this before so, I've been considering this campground. In 2009 when the Great Lakes Rally was up at Mackinaw City, we were suppose to be there but, in June I had knee surgery and was on crutches for 4 weeks and we had to cancel. Gail and I did go up later and had a great time but we didn't take the unit across to the UP and down to WI. We have been wanting to do to the Door ever since. Could never get away but, looks more promising for this summer.

Thanks for the recommendation!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:03 AM   #28
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Congratulations on the new home. I hope you don't have all of the "drama" we did last year with the (2) forest fires. My six car garage is the first area to get tackled after retirement, which, God willing will be months away.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #29
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Ron and Terrie, I did read something about your new house and the those fires. I'm not anticipating anything like that will happen here. We are setting on open former farm ground. Any trees that have been planted are sparce and not more than 10 years old. Of course, a good old fashioned thunderstorm and northern Indiana tornado could take care of that in the next few months. You probably know about all that.

Retirement has been great and Gail will find that out in 5 months.