Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2011, 02:22 AM   #21
donscomp
Established Member

M.O.C. #11167
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Clemson1881

Switching back and forth from sat to cable in the living room would be very easy. Just plug the cable in your TV and change sources. If you want to feed sat through the entire coach with one receiver you can't hook up to cable too. You have to use the cable feed to do that, but you can do it. As long as you are OK with sat only in the living room you can run cable through the entire coach. Post what you want to do specifically.
Well, what I wanted to do or hoping it was set up to do was just like our pusher. You have the option of anything in any location. Watch a dvd,sat,cable,ant in all locations or sat here, dvd there & cable over there. But that wont happen the way it is right now anyhow.

I know how I could switch back an forth in the living between the 2.
You said using the cable feed to feed the Sat through the whole coach. You mean (with a portable) come into the convenience center outside into the cable? IF that worked you would have to have a reciever at each location.
What I would like to do is say run the sat to the living OR bed TV. Hook the reciever there and feed all others from there. So all tv's would have to watch the same thing but thats ok. Then I have a set of small rf recievers from radio shack that I hook up and can switch channels on the reciver in the bedroom from the living room. The problem would be feeding the whole coach OUT from the one reciever. I was thinking you could use the cable in the bedroom and backfeed the cable (of corse not having cable hooked up also) but since it is cable/ant. and there is power going though it from booster. I didnt think that would work or it would blow something.
Now, I could only do this with a non HD sat. reciever as the HD ones have no coax out. I could get a moduale but I have one non HD reciever.

Once I install a dish on the roof. And if I ran into the bed closet. I would hav a few more options.

Thats kinda it if it makes any since. lol

thanks
Don

donscomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:28 AM   #22
donscomp
Established Member

M.O.C. #11167
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

Don N Debbie,
First, welcome. I'm an SOB, but they let me hang around here from time to time.

First, as I understand it, there are two separate inputs for televisions, one in the back bedroom and one somewhere else. It may well be that they are for two feeds for separate televisions. It doesn't feel likely that they would go to that way of hook-up, but its possible, I guess. If you are only going to use one satellite receiver, try using barrel connectors in the bedroom to hook two cables together and see if you get a signal. If so, then that would be one way to do it.

Second, I have an older satellite Dish VIP 722 receiver. It has dual inputs, and a "distribution out" that feeds a tv in the back bedroom. By trial and error I got cables hooked up that allows me to watch both tv's using satellite. On the back of my receiver is an Antenna In rf connector. for a few years I left it alone figuring it was just a way through-put to the receiver. Then, one day with almost no Honey De's I stuck the antenna in it and started messing around. What I found was that it is that it may be a through-put, but if I go into my system setting and "scan for local channels" using the satellite system menu, they will appear in my guide list, a different color, with guide like information, and I can select the tv antenna (or cable, I think - haven't tried cable.) channel using the guide selection or channel up-down button. There is no need to change "input" type.

Good luck, and again, welcome.
Thank you Wayne. I have many things to try.
Thank you for the welcome. And more so. Thanks for your service.
Don
Old 02-26-2011, 03:16 AM   #23
donscomp
Established Member

M.O.C. #11167
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by atharp

Hello...

Will be picking up our first Montana (a High Country 313RE) in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to it. Have camped since I was a kid. The husband and I have had a 73 pop-up (well broken in with not many amenities to say the least), a 1999 hybrid, a 2006 Rockwood 5'er and now are upgrading to a Montana. My sister and her husband are on their 2nd Montana and I liked them both so when we decided to take the plunge. again.. we gravitated to the Montana. Can't wait to get it. Once we get it, I'll need to figure out how to get a picture downloaded of it
Welcome guys to the forum. Congrates on the new coach coming.
You may want to post your post over at the wecome topic http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...splay.php?f=28
so as people dont miss you coming in.

Again. Welcome!!!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #24
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
Put your sat receiver in the living room entertainment cabinet. Feed it with the living room sat feed from the conveinence center until you get a roof sat dish or dome (dome will not give you HD by the way). Use your RF modulator to feed into the cable entire coach feed connection behind the living room TV. You should have access to the sat receiver at every cable feed in the coach via coax cable (it's one big loop and doesn't matter where the feed is from, it will be output through all the others). From reading your wishes this would be the best option for you I believe.
Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:19 AM   #25
donscomp
Established Member

M.O.C. #11167
Quote:

Put your sat receiver in the living room entertainment cabinet. Feed it with the living room sat feed from the conveinence center until you get a roof sat dish or dome (dome will not give you HD by the way). Use your RF modulator to feed into the cable entire coach feed connection behind the living room TV. You should have access to the sat receiver at every cable feed in the coach via coax cable (it's one big loop and doesn't matter where the feed is from, it will be output through all the others). From reading your wishes this would be the best option for you I believe.
Thats what I was thinking Greg.
Was just afraid of the booster running through that same cable.
Wont have to use a modulator as I do have a sd rec. to use.
Yep, I know a dome wouldnt do HD. But I guess if you put a HD dish on the roof you would have to run to each loaction or the conv. center. And a DVR would take two to IT alone I think. But tht is a later worry. lol
Thank you much for your imput Greg. Very grateful. And will give that a shot.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:23 AM   #26
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
You will need to leave the booster turned off while using the cable feed for the sat. I use a portable dish and tripod and the slimline dish. I usually can have it set up in five minutes. I only feed my DVRs with one feed in the Monty. I just have to live without the ability to watch and record at the same time. You know what they say about camping? Sometimes you just have to rough it. LOL!!! Good luck!
Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:43 AM   #27
donscomp
Established Member

M.O.C. #11167
Quote:

You will need to leave the booster turned off while using the cable feed for the sat. I use a portable dish and tripod and the slimline dish. I usually can have it set up in five minutes. I only feed my DVRs with one feed in the Monty. I just have to live without the ability to watch and record at the same time. You know what they say about camping? Sometimes you just have to rough it. LOL!!! LOL!!!! Roger THAT!! especially since we are not FT.Good luck! Thanks a lot Gary.