Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
rcpetty

M.O.C. #8742
Half way there

My wife (Sondra) and I love to travel and have been dablilng in the R.V. pool for some time, having owned popups, and a class C motorhome. We have taken cross country trips with my in-laws and really loved the open road.
We recently traded our F-150 (2004, Lariat, 4x4, etc) for a 2008 Dodge 3500 SLT Big Horn 4x4 diesel. That is what I mean about my subject of "half way there"...
We have three friends that currently own Montana coaches and really like their rigs.
Our situation (not a bad thing) is that we cannot afford to buy a fifth wheel unil we sell our cabin in Flagstaff AZ... we live in Phoenix and for the last nine years have gone two hours north to "cool off" from the Phoenix summers...
We are parents of two grown children, daughter 29, recenetly married and son 27 married for two years and about to be a new "Daddy"!
I can't wait to be a grandfather!
My wife and I are also foster parents for the last 14 years and hope to be able to serve in one form or another for many more years...
Really looking forward to getting a Montana in the near future...
As soon as it "Cools off" (ha ha) here in Phoenix, we are going to look at what is available at our local dealership and surrounding area... Any tips would be appreciated.

Bob Petty

rcpetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:43 PM   #2
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Hey Bob,

Your timing probably couldn't be better, the prices are going to be coming down. The dealers are probably going to be willing to deal. Take your time, do your homework, you could be hitting the market at just the right time.

Dollar-to-dollar, it is hard to beat the quality of a Montana. You have come to the right forum to get all of your answers!

Looking forward to seeing you in Arizona!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Just traded in my Hanna (2008 3400RL) and TV (2005 F350 King Ranch). They sold the KR for $16K plus pennies. The Hanna is up for sale, but I don't know what they are asking but I'll bet it's below book. They don't like to keep "used" on the lots very long.

Hey! That's what financing is for, right?
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:03 AM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Bob, Welcome to "The Best Darned Forum on the WWW"!! I have a son living in Mesa an we lived in Tucson for five years back in the late 80's. I know what you mean about the heat. As others have mentioned, now would be a very good time to buy as dealers are dealing. Congrats on the new truck, as you said, you are half way there. We full time and love our Montana, they are not without their faults just like any other rig. I would suggest you give it a workout the first year, if you buy new, and make friends with your service people right away. I have found that Keystone DOES stand behind their products and warranty work should be fairly easy as long as you are a reasonable person and are not too demanding.

Good luck on selling the cabin in Flag and Happy Camping!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote