Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
TheScotts
Established Member

M.O.C. #13318
New Montana Big Sky 3900FB

Hi everyone,

We are new here and this is our first post...we live in NEW SOUTH WALES - AUSTRALIA - and we are selling our house at the moment and want to buy a Big Sky Montana 3900FB for full time living...so would love anyone's idea's on this unit...the biggest issue we have here in Australia is the people that import and do all the modifications etc for here want like over $200,000.00 for one - which is outrageous as we also need to get the Chevvy Silverado 3500HD Dually which we see sells for around $48,000.00 in the US and over here we will have to pay around $140,000...very annoying - enough whining - we simply love this 3900FB floor plan and is what we are after in every aspect - so here's hoping our dreams will come true so any information on this design etc. would be much appreciated.

TheScotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:49 AM   #2
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Welcome Gary and Sheree from down under....you certainly have found a great forum with some really great folks. There are several members who have just recently bought the new 3900 floor plan who I am sure will be able to help you.
We love our Tana and feel for the money it is one of the best built units on the market.
I still cannot get over the cost mark up due to shipping one over there, but I guess living in such a beautiful country out way the costs.

Good luck,

Les
Old 03-24-2013, 03:51 AM   #3
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Hi Scotts from NSW,

The 3900 floor plan is a very nice layout and as you know KeystoneRV has a model for just about every individual taste. The 3900 seems to sacrifice some living room area space due to the bathroom layouts and the fact that there are 2 baths or bath and a half. We don't fulltime so maybe this floorplan meets many fulltimers choices. Just not sure. We prefer more living/kitchen area and less bathroom area. Go with what suits you and your needs. Good luck on your choice and welcome mates.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
TheScotts
Established Member

M.O.C. #13318
Hi everyone and thank you for your replies - it's a beautiful morning here in Aus and we are just over the moon with replies already on our first posts - thank you.

mail2us - Yes, the 3900FB does take away a little of the living area we do agree but a great compromise for us loving that bathroom We also at present have a 22' caravan so as you can imagine the living area is huge to us...lol - thank you.

Bigboomer - Thanks for the reply and we really hope we hear from people like you say who have recently purchased the 3900FB - that would be awesome. After 18 months of full on research we feel we have found the best built unit for the best price just as you say Les, the shipping runs around $15,000-$20,000 so really not huge compared to the cost mark up and mostly now the manufacturer will put 240v wiring in at build instead of 110v...so really we are getting ripped off by the few importers we have here in Australia which is really sad. Yes we do live in a beautiful country and we certainly appreciate that and it is the reason why we wish to travel around it for the next 20 or so years...thank you.

Thanks Gary & Sheree
TheScotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Welcome to the forum! I know you will just love your new Monty and will have many wonderful adventures in it. Great to know we have members from your beautiful country. Wish we could visit there someday. Keep us posted on your progress with the Montana and your adventures.

Scott
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #6
Ross Myers
Established Member

M.O.C. #12595
Hi Garry and Sharee.

I just thought I would touch base.
We have been travelling the USA since March 2012, mostly in a Chev HD2500 and a Montana 3100RL.
We are about to attend our first Montana Rally next week.
I believe we will be the first Aussie representatives to attend a rally and we have already been most welcomed by the MOC members we have met.
I to wish to eventually import our beloved Montana. The exercise seems to be fraught with danger in respect to Australian compliance however I am persisting and hope to succeed with the venture.
I would be interested to learn if you have a company or person to complete the conversion.
Please feel free to contact me if I can assist in any way.

Rosco & Chris
Follow us on our Blog
http://theboondockers.blogspot.com

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TheScotts

Hi everyone,

We are new here and this is our first post...we live in NEW SOUTH WALES - AUSTRALIA - and we are selling our house at the moment and want to buy a Big Sky Montana 3900FB for full time living...so would love anyone's idea's on this unit...the biggest issue we have here in Australia is the people that import and do all the modifications etc for here want like over $200,000.00 for one - which is outrageous as we also need to get the Chevvy Silverado 3500HD Dually which we see sells for around $48,000.00 in the US and over here we will have to pay around $140,000...very annoying - enough whining - we simply love this 3900FB floor plan and is what we are after in every aspect - so here's hoping our dreams will come true so any information on this design etc. would be much appreciated.
Ross Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Welcome to our forum. While we may not be familiar with converting rigs to meet Australian regulations and needs, many of us do full time in our rigs and will give you all the help we can. We also hope you'll share some of your adventures with us.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
cmanger319
Established Member

M.O.C. #13237
TheScotts,

We have a 3900FB. We have used it almost every weekend since May and many weeks as well. We love it. There is plenty of living room space. The second bath room is worth it. The Master bath is the best. We can both get ready for work at the same time without being in each other's way. We added pull out drawers in the kitchen and adjustable shelves in the pantry. There is a Montana for every taste. For us, we can not imagine owning an other model. Have fun and enjoy.
cmanger319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Welcome!
We loved out 3455sa and thought it would be our last until we saw the 3900fb. Well now we have it in the Big Sky edition and are falling in love all over again. Because both sides slide in the living room kitchen area, there is bountiful space. The large bath and easy access to the closet are great. We put all our "stuff" from the 3455 in the 3900 with lots of storage remaining. The Levelup is fantastic. The full body paint is much easier to clean and good looking. We are very pleased.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote