Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Sunday is the day!

The wife and I will be heading out after church from WA to KY via St Paul, MN. Been looking forward to this trip for a while, now. After Ky will head to Vancouver and then back to WA on 1 July. Cool!

MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Welcome to the road, Mike. It could be addictive.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Mike,

That is a lot of miles in a short time. That really seems to be rushing things a little. Not my plans so don't know why you are having to make so many miles in a relatively short time but do so carefully. Hope to see you once again at some of our Rallies.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:36 AM   #4
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
What part of KY are you going to? Sure would love to meet up with you guys if there is a chance of it.

Old 06-14-2009, 04:38 AM   #5
jackandh2o
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8010
Mike, enjoy the trip and travel safe.

Ray
jackandh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:51 AM   #6
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Have a great, safe trip, Mike.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #7
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Travel safe and travel well...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #8
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972

Well, made 206 miles today. Am currently listening to my Honda gen as I read my e-mail and visit the MOC forum on my Verizon wireless. I am in the Smelterville Wal-Mart...I never even knew this town existed even though I have driven through here before when I lived in Missoula, MT. In reference to the low time/high mileage, I am attending the SBC national convention in KY, I am on a national committee and then I need to be back in Vancouver for another meeting. My slack time is going to KY, the hard part is to get from KY to Vancouver for the next meeting. Any excuse to get out is good enough for me. Saw a Montana on 395 N about 40 mi south of Spokane, flashed my lights and we waved at each other...tried the CB but no response. First time the flashing lights have worked for me. Well, enough of a travelogue for now. Drive safe, all.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:18 PM   #9
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Mike, I sent you a PM, did you ever get it?
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:39 PM   #10
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
What is the flashing lights pattern used for Montana to Montana hellos? On the CB what is the channel do you monitor for RVers?
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:48 AM   #11
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Art-n-Marge,
The flashing lights is simply a couple of light flashes when you see an oncoming Montana. If hey respond then it is probably another MOCer. If not well it could mean anything! Perhaps they didn't see you. Or they saw you but don't know what it means. Or they don't have time to respond. That is usually my problem. I often do not see the oncoming rig in time to do the flashing. But every now and then it actually works. It's just another way of acknowledging a fellow MOCer.

I do no know what CB channel is used. I seem to recall channel 13 but have no idea if that is what most use.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:35 PM   #12
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
In reponse to the CB channel....

Couldn't we Moc'ers set our own channel.....Kindof like when you see a Montana and flash lights....If you have a CB radio you get on it on one channel and see if you can make a verbal contact.

So how about it....anybody interested in making one channel a Moc channel? I think we just need to pick one channel number and pass the word....

But mind you I have no experience in this area. How about you Hamrad I know you have the knowledge....Do you think this idea could work?
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #13
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Thanks HamRad.... I was aware of a pattern but didn't know what it was. I agree that a couple of flashes is good, because three of anything means "a problem". I think a better pattern would be two flashes, a quick pause, then two more flashes. Oftentimes someone might miss the first one, the second one should confirm. This will happen pretty quick so that the respondent might flash back but on passing other it would be missed.

Then try the CB, I forget the channel (13, 14 or 15) which is why I asked. One of those is the RV channel. I guess you don't remember it either, huh, HamRad?

I would like to hear of an unofficial MOC channel, even if it's the common RV channel, whatever that is. I say unofficial because we could agree on a channel number but NOT own it like 9 (for emergencies) or 19 (like the truckers). We could use it to communicate road, traffic, or weather cautions as we blow by each other.

Maybe there's already something like this ala the CBers RV channel, but again I forget the number (14?, 15?, 17? whatever)
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #14
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PartyCrashers

In reponse to the CB channel....

Couldn't we Moc'ers set our own channel.....Kindof like when you see a Montana and flash lights....If you have a CB radio you get on it on one channel and see if you can make a verbal contact.

So how about it....anybody interested in making one channel a Moc channel? I think we just need to pick one channel number and pass the word....

But mind you I have no experience in this area. How about you Hamrad I know you have the knowledge....Do you think this idea could work?
I think that is a good idea! However, the contact would be so swift I think we should use 19 for something like that. By the time you flipped to a set or standard channel they could be out of range. I think most people monitor 19 anyway.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:37 PM   #15
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Bill-n-Donna,

I agree with your idea. Anybody else?

MAMalody- Your trip does sound fast, but it sounds like you have it all organized. Sometimes those kindof trips can be real fun.

Best to you, and looking forward to meeting up with you guys at the next Lake Siskiyou Rally.

And Mike take it easier with your young wife there....remember you married when she was 12! LOL LOL LOL!
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #16
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Oh my gosh Mike! That's right.... you married Kaye when she was 12 years old. Have you checked to make sure you won't get in trouble crossing state lines with her?

Have a safe and great trip. I'll be looking forwards to your updates.

Hopefully we'll see you at Lake Siskiyou next year. Hopefully I'll be able to get there also! I am really pushing the hubby to let me retire but we are supporting our two kids thru college and internships so I don't think retirement for me can happen for another 4 years.

Say hello to Kaye for me.

Margee.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote